Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
migrating fat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Ok so i havent been exercising since im been traveling all summer but i have stuck to healthy foods. i still weigh the same thank goodness.(same muscle mass and fat%)

however, my fat seems like it all moved. which im actually really happy about but it just seems really odd. (when i get my camera cords and my camera out of storage ill post a pic of what i mean.)

like i used to have major problems with back flab sweatdrop ...and now its like pretty much disappeared. my stomach is like the same way..still there but not as much. but my fat % is the same still.but no other areas have got chubbier.

i dont understand this but im not complaining. i just hope my minor back surgery next week doesnt make the fat migrate back to my back and stomach..that would suck gonk .have you had this ("migrating fat") happen?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 am
Before I started to lose weight, all the fat in my waist would move to my hips. But generally, this was only during the summer. When Autumn came around, the fat just settled back in my hips.

It was annoying at first, but I got used to it.  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:33 am
Hannah Yeager
Before I started to lose weight, all the fat in my waist would move to my hips. But generally, this was only during the summer. When Autumn came around, the fat just settled back in my hips.

It was annoying at first, but I got used to it.

but i dont see where it moved to.i mean unless it evenly distributed itself all over.i mean i can fit into smaller sizes.my pants and shirts are baggy now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:16 pm
Wow, that sounds weird. Maybe it's because you're more toned? If you tighten the muscles then I'd think it's possible to fit in a smaller size even with the same amount of fat. I dunno!  

Sunsway

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm
Sunsway
Wow, that sounds weird. Maybe it's because you're more toned? If you tighten the muscles then I'd think it's possible to fit in a smaller size even with the same amount of fat. I dunno!

but i havent worked out at all.and its not a size..like in pants im down 2 sizes.and they are loose.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:33 am
When I first lost weight, I dropped 20 pounds without any change in my pants size. Then, as I maintained the weight for several months, my body rearranged itself and I suddenly got physically thinner without any weight loss.

It's just one of those crazy weight loss things.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 am
Munkers
When I first lost weight, I dropped 20 pounds without any change in my pants size. Then, as I maintained the weight for several months, my body rearranged itself and I suddenly got physically thinner without any weight loss.

but see you said weight loss.i havent lost any yet.its just rearranging itself  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 am
BitterFantasy
Munkers

It sounds like you are toning your body then if you haven't lost any weight. I have never experienced this, so all I can say is just continue to be healthy, eat right, and exercise, and all will be well.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 pm
[Beautiful Oblivion]
BitterFantasy
Munkers

It sounds like you are toning your body then if you haven't lost any weight. I have never experienced this, so all I can say is just continue to be healthy, eat right, and exercise, and all will be well.

i cant wait to start exercising and dieting again...ill be back on campus soon.this is motivating but i hope it doesnt revert back  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games