Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii-Cuddlebuddy

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:30 pm
ok so it is my first time going to public school since 2nd grade!!!! Im soooo worried that im not going to fit in or anything so i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to surviving highschool!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:04 pm
Oooo ouch sweatdrop its hard switching.

{{Friends}} Just be yourself, don't feel like you have to fit in. If you stick out like a sore thumb, good. You should never change because some idiot doesnt like it.

{{Boyfriends}} be careful, and take things slow until your comfortable. Dont let them pressure you into something you dont want to do. Do open up though, and talk to guys. be friendly and confident in yourself.

{{School}} even if its a total drag, charge through it and keep your grades up. But dont become a total workaholic. Keep your social life and your school work nicely balanced.

{{Get Involved}} Join a sport, club, newspaper, team or anything else that sparks your interest. Its a good way to make new friends and makes school more fun.

anyways thats my advise smile  

Sora Nightwhisper

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:48 pm
i agree with the person above me!

its not easy making friends
just be yourself and find out who is in the right crowd (if u know wat i mean -_-)) find someone with the same interests and whom you can laugh with/work with easily

i promise you that public school will seem easier if you have a friend by your side
good luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm

█████████ M O N O C H R O M E M O N S T E R ██████████

Okay, sorry if my answer sucks, as I cannot relate to you. I've always gone to public schools, my whole life.

But, I suggest with F R I E N D S that you just act yourself, don't pretend to be someone your not, don't be plastic. Using that tactic, you should be able to find friends that will stick with you.

B O Y F R I E N D S are not something that I excel at, considering I've never dated anyone, I'm much too young for that. Looking for the Mr. Right. But, make sure get to know the person before asking them out, so you don't look like a fool.

S C H O O L W O R K and such, I know it sucks, but just work hard on every assignment, get help when you need it, and you should have good grades.

H A V E F U N, don't get stressed over schooling, I know how it is, and it only ruins the fun you can have. I know school sucks, but there are tons of ways to have fun, like sports and such.

gas powered stick

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 pm
Heehee. People think Highschool's gonna be so hard, but once you get there it really feels easier than anything else! (I'm going into 12th grade this year!!)
My advice would be to be opened and talk to people! Have fun (but don't get sucked into partying, drugs, alcohol etc. That's not going to make your life anymore fun and is CERTAINLY not going to make it easier.), and be friendly with everyone! Act yourself, and make friends whom you can connect with! (a lot of times people worry about friends in highschool, but there's a lot of kids and you're sure to find a couple people you can relate with!) Stand your ground and keep your values.
Concentrate on school work, because you'll only get as much out of school as you put into it!!
And about boys....they'll come, they'll go. No boy means the end or the begining of the world. Be yourself, and you'll find someone that you deserve!!
Have fun smile Highschool is majorly exciting, tell us how it goes!! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:40 pm
Its really not a big deal.
Its not that different from a private school either, people are just more open with their skankiness.
Making friends isn't too hard, just go up and talk to people. Don't sit and wait for them to come to you cause then that might not happen and you'll regret it later on. I speak from 4 years of experience.
And do NOT let boys become a priority in your life, they're not worth it. Just let your focus be on your friends and school and if a boy comes along that you really like and is worth it, then figure it out but don't go looking for a relationship. I've known too many people spent their high school years like that and totally regret it now.  

Agent Mallard

Xx_Lovin_Kimmie_xX

5,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Just be your self don't try to be someone you aren't friends are people who should like you for who YOU are not for your fame or your money just try to find a friend with the same interests as you. If you have a friend by your side then it would be easier to make more and more friends. Thanks for listening to my advice and sorry if my advice does you no good.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:56 am
My advise is listen to the advices above me XD . I mean it is really true that you hzve to socialize or be part of something, its okay if not big, you can start small. And the most important thing for a girl is that be yourself, not the fake one you always acted before. Also I am a new girl also in highschool, a new school and new faces didn't concern me but, I enjoyed most of it. Highschool life is the most precious thing you will encounter, I promise that. If not, you have probably had a good time already biggrin  

Rimaina

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff