Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Wish-kun's Drawings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wish-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:52 am
Hey guys, I'm Wish-kun. I've been drawing for a very long time and draw for enjoyment and as a hobby. I'm not planning to major in art as of yet, but I really want to continue and improve.

[1][2][3]

I would love all the criticism and critique I get. I only hope to improve my art and be able to commission when my skill reaches that level.

My problems are probably anatomy at most, then perspective second. I'm not too good at making my poses seem...lively for the lack of a better word. Some of them seem static and boring. I want to be able to make my poses seem more fluid if you know what I mean.

Other work here  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 pm
Welcome, Wish-kun! smile

I do enjoy the coloring, especially of eyes and hair.
Though I think you've hit your problem right on the head - anatomy. Can be much helped via practice, of course!

[1] Feet. The position of the shoes looks like his left ankle is turned out, and his right turned in. The slight bump of bone should be on the surface between the hand hand the wrist, and there is a slight narrowing just after the bone and before the hand.

[2] Hands seems to be alittle small for the girl in the centre.

[3] Head of the angel could be fuller on her right side, and her arms should be longer. (Her right upper arm is short, as well as her left forearm.)  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces