Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Lets Try This Again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KailaBerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:33 pm
Hello!

I did start a diary on here somewhere, but can't find it. I've probably been passed it already but I didn't see the harm in making a new one with a fresh start.

My aim is to get fitter and shed a few extra pounds along the way. I've been looking into BMI and ideal body weights for my height and build. Turns out I have a small frame so I am bigger than I should be... However, alot of that is in my boobs. They are rather large things.. which I am not overly fond of. So to shed a bit there would be rather pleasant. Anyhoo! To the stats!!!

Kai's Bio

Name: Kai
Ages: 21

Body type: Apple
Frame: Small but large chest
Height: 5'1"

Current Weight: 136lb - 9st 9

Bust: 39" - 34FF/32G (UK size)
Waist: 33"
Hips: 35"
Thigh: 23"

Clothing size: 10/12 (top and bottom)

Goal

Weight: 120lb or less

Clothing size: 10 for top and bottom

I think it seems like a reasonable goal. I plan to cut out as much junk food as possible. And do exercise.

Progress

I will update at the end of each week when I remember too with a weight, stats and what I have been doing.

So far I have cut out all fizzy drinks and alcohol. Though I haven't been on a night out in ages, so I guess when I do I will drink a little. But keep it to diet mixers. And I am starting to cut out junk food. I have a condition (still yet unidentified by doctors so I gave up..) which means I get low blood sugar very easily, sometimes just waking up. I am improving my diet by eating heathily, but I can't cut out all junk food, as they are the quickest way to bring me back from a hypogylcemic attack. For some reason fruit just doesn't seem to do it quick enough. ((I have tested.. )). I also plan to exercise starting from my next free day.
Working tomorrow, but doing lifting and walking,so its something. Thrusday I am going for a long walk. Then I intend to hit the gym / Wii work outs / dvd.

Wish me luck! Encouragement is wanted. Also tips on exercise and how to avoid those pesky cravings!!! Cheers!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:29 pm
Good luck! heart I hope you will reach your goal.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

KailaBerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:31 pm
Thank you!!! Hope you reach any goal you have too! xx  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:04 am
Hey.

I've done the same thing- started a diary and lost track of it. Can't find mine either.

Anyway, I know it's already been said on this guild, but I'm currently curbing a lot of my cravings with tea.

Also, whenever I feel like over-eating or eating junk food just out of boredem, I tend to go for a walk with my Ipod. Simply because I'm out of the house and AWAY from everything I'm fighting with myself not to dig into. And by the time I get back, I really don't want it.

Hope that helped at least a bit.
Good luck with your goals! :3  

United Paper People

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:10 am
I have a similar problem with blood sugar, but not to the same degree. On long rides I run the risk of having a drop in blood sugar. I find chocolate soy milk (you could use chocolate milk if you wished I'm sure) perks me up really fast and it's less junky than a chocolate bar or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:05 pm
@United - Thats a really good idea! Going for a walk to distract from eating. I love it! Thanks very much. I wish you luck in your goal!!!

@Serhapsody - Its nice to hear someone else can share my 'pain' with the low blood sugar thing. It sucks doesnt it. Chocolate soy milk sounds like a good idea. Not a fan of plain soy milk, but even less so of regular milk.. Tho milkshake I do like when made from ice cream.... hmmm... But not so good for you. I quit liked chocolate soy milk though. Its a good idea, I shal have to look into it. Thanks smile . I've had the low blood sugar thing extreme from when I was a baby. I just wouldn't wake up. Been in hopstial tonnes with it when a toddler... Not fun. Grown out of it mostly. but still have to be careful! Good luck to you too!  

KailaBerry

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:24 am
Well, good luck! I'm on my second journal, too -- didn't even bother looking for my first one. So what's the plan? Are you gonna record everything you eat, or be lazy like me and cruise along? =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 pm
Sunsway
Well, good luck! I'm on my second journal, too -- didn't even bother looking for my first one. So what's the plan? Are you gonna record everything you eat, or be lazy like me and cruise along? =)
Cruise along and see what happens. I cannot be bothered to work out the caloiries in a banana .. im just gonna eat roughyl what i want, buttin out the badder things like junk food n soda.. Soda is already gone. (I love coke sad ). Good luck to you tooo!!!!  

KailaBerry

KailaBerry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 am
So this week I have been cutting out junk food and am doing fairly well with that. No soda at all. This weeks goal, exercise!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 am
KailaBerry
So this week I have been cutting out junk food and am doing fairly well with that. No soda at all. This weeks goal, exercise!

Cutting the soft drinks is probably one of the hardest and best things that you can do for yourself. Feeling the withdrawal yet? smile  

Sunsway

KailaBerry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:14 am
Sunsway
KailaBerry

Cutting the soft drinks is probably one of the hardest and best things that you can do for yourself. Feeling the withdrawal yet? smile
nope! Its great! Tho I did have a coke yesterday as we had a burger king. My dad is in hospital so the diet has gone out the window for the moment. I am a bit sleepy this mrnin but it could be due to gettin over stress. Hes ok tho. just gotta stay in for a few days.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 am
I gave up this week. Too many things are going on and chocolate is needed. Various family memebers are ill, and some in hospital. One possibly life threatening... Comfort food is needed! So no change  

KailaBerry

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 pm
i hope your family members have a speedy recovery!

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games