Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Multivitamin pills - Any good? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you take multivitamins?
  Yes, they're good for you.
  No, they suck, don't bother.
  I want to, but never get around to.
View Results

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Sunsway
- Don't take iron supplements unless recommended by your doctor after a blood test (it can build up in your liver, yada yada yada, it's dangerous unless you have an actual iron deficiency).

For women who have reached puberty, but not yet reached menopause, iron supplements are safe to take. Men and postmenopausal women should be more cautious.

Iron toxicity in general really ISN'T something that you need to worry about. In cases of both acute (sudden) and chronic (over longer periods of time) poisonings, the only way you even have a chance at developing it is you're talking multiple iron-containing supplements. Eating an iron-rich diet and taking an iron-containing supplement is going to get you anywhere near an unhealthy level.

As for the money issue, I don't feel that a few dollars each month is a waste. It allows me to focus a bit more on eating for enjoyment rather than trying to ensure I'm getting all the nutrients I need. And as Iconised Ghost already pointed out, a calorie restricted diet often means a less varied diet so I'm just stacking the deck in my favor with an added supplement.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am
I read somewhere that some vitamins cause others to absorb less. I think calcium and iron, taking both at the same time cause the other to be less absorbed. With that in mind, I figure I'm not getting 100% of my iron from my vitamin anyway.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 pm
User Image

I have to be really careful with my Vitim, I have to take an iron supplement because I'm anemic.
Too much iron and I get really sick.

I take the One A Day Adult Gummy Vitamins, they have the least iron.
I take the SlowFe Iron pills.
Both once a day.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:22 pm
i don't take multivitamins, but i have a calcium absorption issue, so i take a calcium pill. & i also take a b12 pill, as i'm vegan.

pinkcatminht

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games