Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Looking to identify...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Idunn Illustrated

Aged Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:45 pm
May I first say, I am truly sorry if this post offends-- I do not intend to.

I've been trying to find a pantheon that fits with me recently and have taken to meditating for signs. I've had a few 'tugs' that have left me boggled. Earlier, I had the strongest one yet and it just won't leave my mind.

It felt like I was centering on a couple, but the male figure was still horribly shadowed over. The female however, during this last meditation session especially, is starting to render very specific details to me. I'm not sure if it's my mind feeding me 'ideas' or some one seriously trying to make themselves known... I keep trying to find a deity that matches the description, but I thought it might be fruitful to ask you guys for good sources online for researching Gods and Goddesses.

I'm half tempted to draw it up and make a missing deity poster for it. Hehe!! (The last part is a joke, please don't kill me. smile )

Again, I apologize if I sound silly at all during this. I'm not quite sure what is and what isn't 'normal' or 'acceptable.' I'm just trying to figure out what's going on and I appreciate any insight provided.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:26 pm
I usually suggest looking into pantheons/religions that interest you and are open to people outside of that culture. The way that I use to verify whether a specific deity is trying to get my attention is reading into the myths, culture and religious practices of that deity's pantheon, and if the information matches up with my experiences, I take it from there. If not, it's either the wrong deity, or I'm creating a god-shaped thoughtform, which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you're looking to worship/build a relationship with an actual deity, you will want to confirm whether it's the former or the latter.  

Bastemhet

Idunn Illustrated

Aged Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm
Bastemhet
I usually suggest looking into pantheons/religions that interest you and are open to people outside of that culture. The way that I use to verify whether a specific deity is trying to get my attention is reading into the myths, culture and religious practices of that deity's pantheon, and if the information matches up with my experiences, I take it from there. If not, it's either the wrong deity, or I'm creating a god-shaped thoughtform, which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you're looking to worship/build a relationship with an actual deity, you will want to confirm whether it's the former or the latter.

Of course, thank you for your input. I'll be sure to keep it in mind! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm
Idunnea
Bastemhet

Of course, thank you for your input. I'll be sure to keep it in mind! smile

Also- you can try giving a description here to see if it rings any bells for anyone, or you can also check out the Pathways subforum to see what other people are doing. I'm happy to help. smile  

Bastemhet

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Here are a few of the sites that I use...

Greek
Kemetic
Celtic (though keep in mind that the Gael culture is a closed one, so many of these Gods/Goddess may not be open to be worshiped by those outside of that culture)
Norse  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 am
too2sweet
Here are a few of the sites that I use...

Greek
Kemetic
Celtic (though keep in mind that the Gael culture is a closed one, so many of these Gods/Goddess may not be open to be worshiped by those outside of that culture)
Norse

Thank you very much for the resources. smile  

Idunn Illustrated

Aged Entrepreneur

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out