Submit

I Sexctasy I

5,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:14 pm
1 Samuel 3 2-10

2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple [a] of the LORD, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the LORD called Samuel.
Samuel answered, "Here I am." 5 And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
But Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down." So he went and lay down.

6 Again the LORD called, "Samuel!" And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
"My son," Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down."

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.

8 The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Sometimes, we want things our way, which is normal. But when we are in Christ, our vision has to change. Here we see God calling Samuel. Samuel as we all know, was a good man in the eyes of the LORD. Are we a good person in the eyes of the LORD? When you feel God is calling you, or that God is talking to you, do we listen?

A thing I want to point here is that Samuel looks for the person- in this case, he thinks that is a person- that is calling him. As Samuel, we must seek God and look for Him so He can talk to us. We must always seek God and He will talk to us. Are you seeking the voice of God? If so, answer, "Speak, for your servant is listening", And God will answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 pm
Omega Endless
1 Samuel 3 2-10

2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple [a] of the LORD, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the LORD called Samuel.
Samuel answered, "Here I am." 5 And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
But Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down." So he went and lay down.

6 Again the LORD called, "Samuel!" And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
"My son," Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down."

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.

8 The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Sometimes, we want things our way, which is normal. But when we are in Christ, our vision has to change. Here we see God calling Samuel. Samuel as we all know, was a good man in the eyes of the LORD. Are we a good person in the eyes of the LORD? When you feel God is calling you, or that God is talking to you, do we listen?

A thing I want to point here is that Samuel looks for the person- in this case, he thinks that is a person- that is calling him. As Samuel, we must seek God and look for Him so He can talk to us. We must always seek God and He will talk to us. Are you seeking the voice of God? If so, answer, "Speak, for your servant is listening", And God will answer.

I would like to point out that several if not all cult leaders though/think that they are under orders from God.  

Lazarus The Resurected

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff