Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
safflower oil..does it work?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:28 pm
Well I'm back guys and girls. SO i was wondering if anyone had read about Ohio State University study on weight loss. Supposedly having 2 tsp of safflower oil a day supports weight loss...apparently it increases the production of adiponectin. adiponectin tells the body to use fat for fuel and the fat burning seems to target the midsection the most. Has anyone tried it? When i get back to college ill be trying it..so fingers crossed!Remember its DAILY!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm
Wow really? I'm going to research that and start using it then. Sunflower oil can be used to oil a pan for cooking? Anyways that's really interesting so I'm going to look into that.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 am
I use safflower oil in baking, no real difference to me really but that might be because I'm using it for BAKING of all things *Rolls eyes at self*

I think you'd do better with flax seed oil or hemp seed oil because then you'd be getting a bunch of omegas. If you're going to be eating an oil. ._.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am
Woo, that's my university! Do you have a link or something to the article?  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am
Seraphsody
I use safflower oil in baking, no real difference to me really but that might be because I'm using it for BAKING of all things *Rolls eyes at self*

I think you'd do better with flax seed oil or hemp seed oil because then you'd be getting a bunch of omegas. If you're going to be eating an oil. ._.

Oh your not supposed to bake or cook with it.By doing so after hitting a certain degree its rendered pretty much useless..probably because it evaporates or something.There are pill forms or just take 2 tsp straight or put it on foods (such as a salad mixed with another oil dressing). I suggest the oil itself and not the pills..you have to take like 7 pills a day to equal 2 tsp of it. SO i suggest the straight oil. It's tasteless from what I've read..The question is what are you baking??

Lady Kayura- I don't have the link I saw it in a health magazine so I looked it up online.And it says it will even help with postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes that have stubborn belly fat.I am neither but my mom knows women that are and its definitely stubborn so if works for that type of fat it'll work for me...i dont have diabetes and im young.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 am
I accidently read it as "sunflower" oil when it's actually "safflower" oil. Haha, oops.

Anyways, I'll look into it for salads then, since it's not supposed to be cooked. 3nodding  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games