Reply 19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics
How do you make High Quality avi art?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:21 am
I'm pretty good at drawing avitar art, but that's it, DRAWING. I have seen a bunch of people put samples up, and it looks like it was done on Paint or something. But then again their lines look too clean to be done in art. So I was wondering, is their some sort of popular website that you guys use to give your art that amazing air brushed look? What do YOU use?!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:25 am
A lot of artist have art tablets like this.
From what I hear, Wacom is a great brand.  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

This Isnt Sparta

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:05 am
There's also Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 am
Most artists are digital artists, so the tendency is that they use tablets. Wacom is the best brand around for most artists. However their tablets are expensive. If you are a serious artist and draw 24/7 and is willing to spend a lot, I suggest a medium sized wacom Intuos. If you're on a budget, you may as well want to try the bamboo series. Would also suggest the bamboo fun since it's the bamboo tablet that's more geared towards drawing (also ordering one of these babies soon so :L )

If you're too cheap for wacom, you can always get a genius tablet. They're good as well, and I used to own one before a rat ate my cable ;_______;

As for the programs. They don't use paint. Paint is too basic for anyone to achieve the smooth lines. corel paint and Illustrator are the high-end painting programs. I can't really suggest photoshop, since illustrator > photoshop in terms of art needs, but it's a good one. However, if you can't afford the pricy price tags on these programs, you can always try Sai paint. Its cheaper but effective. Sometimes I use sai more than Illustrator. I've also seen a lot of artists who use sai as well. So it's a good program to get.

Also, I believe someone has also mentioned that an Intuos also comes packaged with Corel paint (same goes with some bamboo funs). I might be wrong though, since what I saw here in the philippines all have Intuos units with Illustrator packaged, and bamboo fun doesn't even have corel packaged like what the mainsite mentioned :/

Hope that helped <3

edit: Also, I used photoshop cs2 + cs3 illustrator + Sai paint + A genius tablet before. But since my tablet broke. I'm sticking to traditional art until I get a bamboo fun :L  

Nox Nyctores

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Warped Perceptions

Shirtless Fatcat

8,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm
photoshop, corel paint, thoose are two examples of good (and expensive) programs to use.
A lot of artist also find drawing tablet (ie. the Bamboo from Wacom) a useful tool when making hgh quality avi art.  
19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games