Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Green Tea weight loss Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like green tea?
  Oh yes! It's delicious!
  No! It's gross and bitter!
  Never tried it.
View Results

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 pm
Green tea has something extra for weight loss, but maybe it's just the antioxidants. But like most everything about diet, green tea alone does not make you lose weight.

Caffeine, at a moderate amount, is good for burning calories. The caffeine makes you burn more energy, thus it makes you burn more calories. With caffeine, it does also provide more energy for working out, and caffeine helps with endurance. Caffiene also helps solidify poo, thus it can help you poo more. XD

Thus, tea also has low to no calories, thus it is a good drink for weight loss.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 pm
I'm going to force myself to drink it, if it'll help.  

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm
I love green tea, if you want to make it sweet use honey or Truvia.

In fact I think I will go drink some right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm
Incinerated Innocence

I think it's definitely an aquired taste. I hated tea at first too, but I got used to it by first drinking other flavors like raspberry tea and chamomile. Then I started using sugar free syrup thats sweetned with splenda (flavors like Irish cream, caramel, or english toffee are my favs, only 1 tsp is needed for me) in my green tea and it was perfection. <3
And now I love green tea.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

S e d l a v a n a

5,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm
I have also known by word of a friend, that water with flavour, along with tea and sodas contribute to the formation of rocks (I am not familiar with the term in english, but I hope you can guys understand me) in the livers.

Maybe that happens because of the sugar is used for those drinks?

My dad and I are avoiding the sugar, and fluors. We drink our teas with no sugar.

My dad is diabetic, and he is drinking chamomile teas, and I drink the green tea.

I drink at least two cups of tea a day. And, sure... everything in excess is not good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:04 am
Protecting Darkness
Incinerated Innocence

I think it's definitely an aquired taste. I hated tea at first too, but I got used to it by first drinking other flavors like raspberry tea and chamomile. Then I started using sugar free syrup thats sweetned with splenda (flavors like Irish cream, caramel, or english toffee are my favs, only 1 tsp is needed for me) in my green tea and it was perfection. <3
And now I love green tea.

I might try that, thanks ~  

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

x-Jitty-x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 am
I take green tea acai berry pills that seem to help.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:01 pm
I think I will try drinking more green tea and see if it has an effect. Thanks for the article n.n  

Prime Time Parade

5,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm
I heart ADORE heart green tea! My absolute favorite is Rishi Organic Jasmine Pearl Green Tea. I bought this tea at an organic store (even though it was pricey) because everyone raved about it. I was NOT disappointed. This tea tastes amazing both hot and iced.

I would recommend Jasmin green teas to individuals who don't like the bitter taste of regular green tea. Also, check your steeping time if you haven't been happy with your results so far! (I say stay around 2 minutes then remove the leaves from the water to enjoy).

In regards to the benefits of green tea, I have heard many things...but for weight loss, here is what I think:

1.My personal experience is that having 'tea time' during the day with a low calorie snack and a cup of freshly-brewed tea curbs my hunger pangs. As a result I don't wolf down dinner!

2. Instead of cookies and milk, I can have cookies and tea. Tea= 0 calories (if no sweeteners added). This can save 100-200+ calories depending on what milk I would have had otherwise.

3. Anti-oxidants are awesome!

So, I am not sure if my metabolism has been directly impacted, but I would estimate that green tea saves me 200-500 calories on snacks and prevention of over eating. That is enough to keep me in the weight-loss range smile  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games