Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Herbalife anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried herbalife?
  Yes, it worked and it was wonderful!
  No, it was horrible and made sick!
  Never heard of it nor tried it.
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 am
The more I look into it, the better it sounds.

My mom started on this diet about a month or so ago, and she lost like 15 lbs almost. She drinks the shakes, teas, takes like 4 different pills, and snacks on protein bars. But it seems to be working.....
At first, I was very skeptical, I didn't really like the idea of substituting 2 meals with shakes and taking many different pills at every meal-shake.

But, everyone who I have spoken to, says they loved it. They say, it's made out of herbs and nutrients, so it's not like you are putting toxins in your body. And the pills aren't diet pills, they are multivitamin pills, and pills that make you lose retained water, and pills that help supressing snack cravings. And they all agreed that the shakes are delicious and really satisfying and filling. And they were always healthy, they had doctor appointments and there were never any sickness or organ failures. They were always healthy.

I was just really concerned about the ingredients in the shakes. But I'm pretty sure now that there is nothing unhealthy about it. It's all herbs and nutrients that are healthy for the body. My mom says that she feels healthier, lighter, active, and not tired or cold all the time.

I would do this diet with her (because she sees results every week on the scale) but the only problem is........

It's very costly. She is doing the basic plan which are the shakes, and 3 pills, which is like $99, but there is a 4th pill that she buys, tea, and protien bars, so it adds up. And the shakes and pills only last like 2 weeks I think.....So yea, it's really expensive.

However, my mom is trying to be a distributor, all distributors get 50% off of everything. So maybe I'll do this diet with her.

Has anyone had experience with this product, whether it was positive or negative? Please share your stories.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 am
Good, I have more time than yesterday, but the only thing I can say is that it sounds like a great way to waste your money.

Supplements, shakes, protein bars, they're all ways to get your money and even if they work, you're paying a lot to make it work and you're not getting any skills to help you keep your weight down. Realistically you might lose weight but when you stop paying them your hard earned cash, you're likely going to gain the weight back. (That's what they want. They thrive on return customers, the only way to be a return customer is to gain the weight back.) It isn't a good business plan to have people lose weight for life and get off your product because there goes your market.

Seraph's no-benefit-to-Seraph diet plan!

If you like the idea, spend less money. Get a good B-complex vitamin, perhaps one that targets stress (even if you're not feeling stressed, stress can affect your body.) Repress cravings? Talk to your doctor before you do, and grab some Chromium. It helps with sugar cravings.

Go to a health food store and get a good protein powder, if you really want to spend a lot of money, I suggest the Vega protein powders, they're crazily good for you, AND help reduce cravings. The only downside is that they taste HORRIBLE. (Seriously, one or two scoops in water, down it in one go and feel better for the rest of the day for being good to yourself). If you don't want to spend a lot of money, buy a protein powder that is cheaper. (Probably stay away from hemp protein powders, they don't always taste great either, but hemp is good for you.)

What DOES taste great is hemp hearts, they're full of protein AND fiber and omega 3 and 6. I see that you have a link to the vegan/vegetarian guild, so you need omegas anyway.

IF you are vegan, buy/steal/borrow from the library: 'Becoming vegan'. More than two years ago now I was a vegan and 233lbs, I was by no means feeding myself as well as I could have been. I read that book and tweaked my diet a little and my cravings stopped, I drastically cut back my overeating because I was getting the right nutrition. Its a big thing, even if you're a vegetarian. That book helped me lose most of my weight. If you're a vegetarian, buy/steal/borrow from the library: 'Becoming vegetarian.' Even if you've been a vegetarian for a long time, there's information that you'll find useful.

You can lose weight without spending a dime if you're educated. And when your extra weight is gone, you still have the education and can pass it on to others. And you have it for yourself if you ever need it again.  

Tandahda
Crew

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 pm
Seraphsody

Good, I have more time than yesterday, but the only thing I can say is that it sounds like a great way to waste your money.

Yes I agree, after pondering it for a lengthy amount of time, I have come to the conclution of, it only works for the short term. I want something that works long term.

Seraphsody
Supplements, shakes, protein bars, they're all ways to get your money and even if they work, you're paying a lot to make it work and you're not getting any skills to help you keep your weight down. Realistically you might lose weight but when you stop paying them your hard earned cash, you're likely going to gain the weight back. (That's what they want. They thrive on return customers, the only way to be a return customer is to gain the weight back.) It isn't a good business plan to have people lose weight for life and get off your product because there goes your market.

Yes, I spoke to some people, they said that they gained the weight back because they stopped the diet because it was so costly. My mom is in love with it though, she wants to be on it for the rest of her life ;_; She doesn't make THAT much $$.....

Seraphsody

IF you are vegan, buy/steal/borrow from the library: 'Becoming vegan'. More than two years ago now I was a vegan and 233lbs, I was by no means feeding myself as well as I could have been. I read that book and tweaked my diet a little and my cravings stopped, I drastically cut back my overeating because I was getting the right nutrition. Its a big thing, even if you're a vegetarian. That book helped me lose most of my weight. If you're a vegetarian, buy/steal/borrow from the library: 'Becoming vegetarian.' Even if you've been a vegetarian for a long time, there's information that you'll find useful.

Oh! Thank you so much for that info! I didn't know those books existed! heart I wish I read this earlier, I was at Barnes n Noble in the after noon. Maybe I'll go again tomorrow. For now, my diet is a vegetarian diet. Someday in the future I would like to make the switch to Veganism, but for now, I want to enjoy scrambled eggs and shredded cheese heart I'm a bad girl....I know. xp

Seraphsody

You can lose weight without spending a dime if you're educated. And when your extra weight is gone, you still have the education and can pass it on to others. And you have it for yourself if you ever need it again.

I completely agree with you. I believe that good ol' fashioned eating right and exercising everyday will do the trick.

When I first heard of Herbalife, I guess I was just down on myself and maybe a little desperate. I'm glad I found this guild when I did, I feel supported. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 am
Good! Basically the only way to really lose weight is diet and exercise, all the 'tricks' and 'tips' that are touted out there are basically distractions from the real goal. Eat a healthful diet, not too much, and exercise.

Vegetarianism rocks. : D  

Tandahda
Crew

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 am
Seraphsody
Good! Basically the only way to really lose weight is diet and exercise, all the 'tricks' and 'tips' that are touted out there are basically distractions from the real goal. Eat a healthful diet, not too much, and exercise.

Vegetarianism rocks. : D

Yes I know, I really enjoy eating veg dishes. Today, I had chycken for the first time. It was made with soy and gluten. It was soooo flavorful. It was delicious.

First I wanted to lose weight, then I started having ethical qualms (as my bro stated) about eating meat. So now, I want to be veg for both reasons, but my parents don't help. I'm forced to eat meat from time to time and it sucks. It doesn't taste nearly as good as boca or soy. I have yet to try tofu. Next Thursday, we are going to try cooking some and BBQ'ing it as shish kabobs with veggies and super cool spices. heart So, I'm quite excited to see how it turns out, it'll be my first experience eating tofu.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 am
This recipe is awesome and my favourite marinade for kebabs,
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11012?section=

And here's VegWeb's BBQ section,
http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=496.0

Tofu and barbeque sauce are best friends in my opinion.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games