Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
rapid weight loss

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milo-Bveyele

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am
While I don't mind losing 7lbs in five days, I'm wondering if this is something i should be worried about.

For the past week I really just haven't been feeling hungry. It started with me feeling sick, and at first I thought the loss of appetite might just be a side effect of being sick, cause I was feeling really nauseous, but I feel better now and my appetite really hasn't returned. I'll eat maybe once or twice a day something small, like when I'm at work I'll grab something from the vending machines, at home maybe a bagel or a bowl of cereal. I'm not gonna complain about the weight loss after trying so hard finally something is happening. I plan on going to the doctor to make sure it's nothing i should be concerned about, but what do you guys think. My mom thinks I should wait another week before getting worried and I know I tend to be paranoid...do you guys think it's something i should be concerned about or should I just go with it? Is it possible for a persons metabolism to just kick start and accelerate?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:08 am
Are you drinking enough water?  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

pernicious toxic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:58 pm
User Image

I dont know anything that could cause that.
WebMD might have something about it..

Hopefully things are okay

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 pm
Honestly I'd wait another week. Appetites come and go, it's not anything to worry about. Just stay hydrated whether or not you want to.  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:23 pm
If you don't mind me asking, how heavy are you? At my highest weight I did do things like drop 5 lbs in a week. But I was 230 lbs, so it wasn't anything to be worried about really. And it didn't keep up. Wait another week and see.

Even if your appetite is poor, try and feed yourself a healthy breakfast and a small lunch and dinner at least every day. Good luck,  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 pm
thanks guys, my appetite really hasn't returned yet, but i'm no longer sick at the thought of food.

Seraphsody, currently I'm around 240, I haven't checked in a few days  

Milo-Bveyele

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:41 am
It might have been a bug, or something more mental than that (Mental in the respect of being caused by your head, not in the respect of crazy.)

I know that sometimes I get really down and don't feel like eating, and sometimes I don't even know I'm down about my body, it doesn't last long usually.

Keep making sure you're getting a healthy diet put into you, even if your appetite hasn't returned, and still pause for a while on going to the doctor.

I think if you went now you might get the typical doctor response to anyone who is even slightly overweight. "Lose weight" with varying degrees of derision depending on how much of a good person your doctor is. (That has happened to me more times than I care to admit.)  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games