Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Something strange I've noticed in in my tradition

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Well I've noticed something in my particular tradition of Gnosticism that is a bit enthralling yet unsettling. With the way "worship" is defined in my tradition (emulation of Christ) and the deity that we recognize as our God isn't YHVH, or at least not the YHVH as described in the OT, it seems that there is an allowance, if one wanted to, they could give praise and honor to other Gods and it wouldn't be an offense against the God that my tradition serves.

Now the only thing that I can see that would be against this would be that doing this could be at risk to subjecting one to forces outside oneself which if one does become subjected to forces outside one's self, they have just defeated the purpose of my tradition in the first place. Though I think that there might be a fine line between subjecting to outside forces and living alongside such forces. That possibly one could give honor and praise to Outer Forces while still keeping one's self from being ruled.

Thoughts, opinions, objections?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:37 pm
I feel it is possible to have a spiritual relationship with some deities without being subservient to them. It is likely not all deities are open to that kind of relationship though.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 am
Yeah I guess it just makes me uneasy because I have been under the assumption that I couldn't talk or commune to other Gods but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried to commune with my God and ask if I am understanding this right. Unfortunately He's been silent with me regarding this and I'm not sure how to take it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 am
I feel that may be because you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

Perhaps it is not a matter of if it is okay by your god, but if it is something you need to do for yourself.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items