Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Couch-to-5k Program? (C25K)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 pm
☆ Has anyone done this? I've done it until week 2 or 3 before but got disheartened. Now I'm so ready to tackle it, it's not funny! I think my walking has sufficiently prepared me to do this.

Has anyone else completed/attempted/wanted to try the C25k program?

C25K.com
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Post!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 pm
I downloaded the Podrunner intervals so I don't need to look anything up as far as the program goes, I just do it with my iPod!

I'm so ready to tackle this!  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm
When I get back from vacation, I'll be tackling Week 4 of the C25k. Well, since I'll have had over a week off, I might have to do another run or two on the Week 3 routine, but yeah... still moving forward.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 pm
How has the transition week-to-week been for you?

I'm scared, ha! I keep thinking weeks 2, 3, 4 ... are all going to kill me. x__x

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 pm
So, I'm getting an app for this right now! Going to try it tomorrow when I go to the gym!

Tried it out! Neat program! Hope to stay with it. I may take it slower than what is recommended but so long as I'm moving, yay!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:01 pm
User Image

I haven't tried it, but I have heard good things about it.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

pernicious toxic

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:55 pm
Stars in my Pocket
How has the transition week-to-week been for you?

I'm scared, ha! I keep thinking weeks 2, 3, 4 ... are all going to kill me. x__x

I'm kind of repeating week three for the third or fourth time now due to starting and stopping and stuff.

From weeks 1-3 the transitions haven't been too bad. The first day is hard, but not impossible, and by the second run it's feeling good.

Week 4 has me shaking in my boots a little, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 pm
I should try this stuff again. ._. I'm doing something a little similar, but only twice a week.

I walk for 2 minutes, walk quickly for 1 minute and run for 1 minute. I'm hoping to turn it into walk 2, walk quick 1, and run 2. And from there to walking 1, walk quick 2, run 2. Or something like that. We'll see.  

Tandahda
Crew

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 am
Good luck to everyone who does this! I had started running without a plan, did two sessions a day, and stupidly only started researching properly after I almost strained my knees and burned out. Having a plan like this is a great idea. Thumbs up to not getting injured before you start.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 pm
I would like to report that I am successfully in the middle of C25K week 4. (Done 2 out of 3 sessions)

It's a great program, I'm going to keep on with it!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 pm
Keep at it! I just finished Week 4. Need to start Week 5 tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 pm
I bought the app recently and have wanted to try it since Wednesday but keep getting distracted with other things. Hopefully I'll have a chance to start tomorrow.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 am
Stars in my Pocket
I would like to report that I am successfully in the middle of C25K week 4. (Done 2 out of 3 sessions)

That's great! I'm currently in week 2 and I'm going to stick with week 2 for a couple of weeks. xD My main goal is to make it a habit to use this program every other day or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 am
Lady Kayura
Stars in my Pocket

That's great! I'm currently in week 2 and I'm going to stick with week 2 for a couple of weeks. xD My main goal is to make it a habit to use this program every other day or so.

I may do that to, but for week 3 or 4 and on. I completed only the first day so far, it was easier than I thought. I got tired and all, but I was a little surprised. I liked alternating between walking and running every 60-90 seconds. It gave me a chance to catch my breath which really helps.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games