Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 pm
X L H

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I came across that band Sepultra today. They're great! Instrumentally. Their vocalist is really ******** out of place and he should definetly go try out for The Misfits reunion. Anyway, I listened to "Refuse/Resist" and at first it was killer. Sick guitar riffs, kick a** drums... But then like I siad, the vocals ruined it. Oh well. They were almost a band I would like.
If you're into the rap metal group, Hed PE. You might wanna check out their video premiere of "Truth Rising" on Noisecreep.com. It's the first release of the video and it's not even up on youtube. Nosiecreep is the only place you can watch it if that's what you wanna do.
Oh, apperently Aaron Lewis performed his solo song, "Country Boy" last night on Jimmy Kimmel and I forgot to mention it. So, I'm emntioning now that you can watch the performance on youtube or if you wanna find it the easy, lazy way, check Staind's facebook page ad there's a link on there.
Oh, so umm... System of a Down is touring? Yeah... They said their were special ticket oppertunities today between 10am ad 10pm. So I guess if you wanna get SOAD tickets, go now and pre-order yourself some tickets. I can't imagine those tickets'll be cheap though. System's a bigg, famous rock band!

Song of the Day - -

South of Heaven - Slayer
Definetly a more chill song by Slayer. The song starts off pretty slow but gradually gains momentum and eventually comes to be a classic heavy metal track. The chorus is a bit repetitive, but it's got a powerful use, it drives into the guitar solo very well! Anyway, this song is pretty killer and definetly a need-to-have in any metalheads collection. So, go listen unless you're a pansy who doesn't like themselves some good metal!

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Winter Update

Opening night for Zap! was this afternoon. Went pretty well, I only minorly ******** up. Nothing noticable really... Really.
Emmy's left for California, sucks... Oh well, she'll be okay and so wil lI. It's only 5 days away from her.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

What the ******** do you have for a side with spinach and chicken pizza? Nothing. It can't be done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm
<XING> <LYNX> <HOUR>

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hola guys, I'll start off the day with telling you guys about the new Manchester Orchestra song. The song's got some cool Whitesnake oriented ballad influences while presenting them in a modern indie rock kind of way. The song has a powerful chorus and quiet verses that use orchestra swoops and raggae guitar snaps. It's a neat little ballad that you may wanna look in on if you like that indie/alternative rockish kinda stuff.
I have more good news for those alternative fans! Crash Kings are heading back in the studio once we hit April. They're gonna start work on their second album and let's hope it comes out alright. I have sad suspicion that it might get a little gay. And I'm not just pulling that assumption out of my a**. I'm making it because alternative today hasn't been making a very good slope upwards... It's been way more, how you say, downward... Well anyway, I don't know of any songs that will be on the record or the title of the record. I'll inform you of the info as it unveils itself.
Oh, there's this underground metal group called Raiden that I found out about the other day. They're actually really ******** good. They only do screaming vocals but the good part about that is that they don't suck a** at it. If you wanna hear these guys and see if you might like em', look them up on their Facebook or Myspace. They only have one sample on Myspace and none on Facebook though, so just know there's only one song to check out that's easily available.
You can Pre-Order The Strokes new album on iTunes now. Yes, Angles, has been long awaitted and it's finally coming in. The only, slgihtly, bad news. Is that there's only ten songs which includes "Under The Cover of Darkness". Normally, ten songs isn't so bad. But I've been waiting a long ******** time and you only offer me ten ******** songs!? ******** you Strokes!
If you've been waiting for Evergrey's new album, Glorious Collision; good news! It's out now! It features 13 tracks and just over an hour of music. I haven't listened to it yet, but the art on it looks killer and I'm anxious to hear it!

Song of the Day - -

I'm The Rehab, You're The Drugs - D.R.U.G.S.
Well, Craig Owens came back into music by presenting us D.R.U.G.S. And they're not too bad actually. This is my favorite song off of their album, Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows. The verses of this song are kind of creepy and quiet, which is only a perfect contract to the loud, fast, melodic chorus that makes this song so damn good! Another thing I noticed about the song that gave me a wide ol' smile was hold a screamo band didn't abuse bass. There's actually a cool bassline in this song in the quiet bridge in the middle of the song. I suspect most people would enjoy this song unless you don't like modern hardcore/screamo. Although, I still would recommend it to even them because this song might just change your opinion about screamo subgenre.

- - Winter Update

Well, I got some very unrelated music today. I got D.R.U.G.S.'s self-titled album and all of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Just because I was enjoying "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" so much. And thanks to CCR, I can finally say I like 5 songs from the 60s.
Well, I still feel like s**t, but I've got another showing of Zap! tonight and honestly, I'm thinking about going to school tomorrow. I'm getting way too far behind in class and if I really don't feel good enough to go, I'm gonna see if I can go just to pick up the homework I've missed. ******** s**t stack.
Oh yeah. My hair's red now. Following in the footsteps of good ol' Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley by "dying" my hair with cool aid. Haha. It stopped being cool at the turn of millenium I know, oh... I guess Seether's Shaun Morgan never caught that though.

Couldn't go down to the studio today because I'm sick. Oh well. It does feel like I haven't been in there sicne Summer though. And sadly, that might be true. I'll get to go during Spring Break for sure though. Oh hot damn! I can't wait for Spring Break!
Haha. I just noticed my article was very... Genre selective. I basically only talked about indie rock and metal today. Oh well, they both need their information to get out. And I take the pleasure in doing so, although no one ******** reads any of this.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 pm
x i n g l y n x h o u r

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I guess I'll start the evening by talking about a sick guitar riff. The self titled-track listed on Slayer's, World Painted Blood album, "World Painted Blood", struck my attention today. I noticed that that song has some gnarly guitarwork! It's not because of a solo specifically, it's just got these killer guitar riffs that ride through a good portion of the song. I mean, there's a handful of main riffs in the song, one that's just on a solitary note that makes the beginning of the song up basically. But when the 8th note riff with the high notes thrown in comes in, you'll know what cool guitar riff I'm talking about. Go listen to it.
If you're looking into getting a band shirt, I'll update you on who's just gotten some new stuff. First, Cake got a new shirt in their catelog, as well as Papa Roach. But they kinda suck now so, you know. Don't get that one.
If you wanna hear one crazy a** guitar player on an acoustic, go listen to Igor Presnyakov. He does covers of popular rock and pop song and he makes them just... Awesome. He's done songs like "Stairway To Heaven", "Black Hole Sun", "Killing In The Name", "More Than A Feeling", and even "Bad Romance". So yo ucan see he covers a good range of stuff.
If you're a fan of rock group, Them Crooked Vultures, I have a song by a rather old group that you might like. The track I suggest is a song from ol' Corrosion Of Conformity. The song is "Deliverance" on the album with the same name, Deliverance. The song has some wah effects on the guitar as well as some fancy guitar work. The other thing that's kind of weird about the song is it's vocals. They do some... Interesting vocals in this song to say the least. Go check it out if you'd like.

Song of the Day - -

Breakaway - Candlebox
"Breakaway" is kind of a funky, easy song. The guitar lines are rather relaxing and they don't get too wild. The bass is real simple but noticably funky. The cool part about this song is how it's just one of those classic rock type of songs but performed by a different clique. This one happens to be post-grunge. It's an all around great song that's pretty calm. I suggest it to anyone unless they need really 'exciting' songs.

- - Winter Update

I went to my school to pick up my homework I've missed over the past two weeks. There's... A lot. But not too much. Over the weekend I'mma try to get a lot of it done but, we'll see. Next week I'm gonna try to go to school even if I feel like s**t still.
I had some salmon and this pasta stuff for dinner, okay. The weird part; my pasta tasted like candy almost. Weird. Odd. Strange. And not as great as it sounds. It's alright though,

I like salmon as well as most other kinds of fish, but oh my god! I hate Tuna! Tunafish in a can, nasty. Tuna on sushi, nasty. Tuna grilled, nasty. It's just a sick fish.
Wow. I played the new gaia Pool game and it's pretty shwanky. Probably gaia's best game to date. Like, I mean it. It puts everything they've done prior look like s**t.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:27 pm
XINGLYNXHOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey! I have good news in the modern rock world, 2-man rock act, Local H, are actually working on making some new songs. No, I'm not talking about that greatest hits thing, no one gives a s**t about greatest hits. But the band is actually getting some demo tracks layed out and that'll end up being some of the ground work for their next album. Let's hope it's good.
Speaking of new albums, Soundgarden's gonna be heading back to the studio to record new material in a week! I am really excited for this. They've needed to come out with new stuff for a while now. Like, really. Well, we can all look forward to it even though I bet it's gonna be drastically different than anything they've done prior. Face it, 15 years away from the studio transforms a band. Their fellow grunge buddies Alice In Chains proved that even.
If you're looking to get a cheap new album, maybe you should consider Alter Bridge's new album AB III. Right now, there's a special on Amazon right now and you can get the album for just $7.99. Not sure how long this lasts, but I'd get on it if I didn't already have it. And let me just say, It's a pretty good disk.
Want more shirt suggestions? Well, maybe not 'suggestions', but they're brand new in their stores. Five Finger Death Punch added a jersey to their collection, that's neat. And yet another metal band, As I Lay Dying also added a new shirt that I think is pretty sick. If you want shirts, I'm just here to help.

Song of the Day - -

If Looks Could Kill - Heart
A true 80s symbol. It's got everything the 80s had! It has the new wave synthesizer... The one drum beat throughout the whole song... And it has a chorus with layers of vocals. Which by the way is the coolest thing. Another trait that came with it from the 80s was the guitar solo with plenty of dive-bombs and 'almost squeels'. Well anyway, the song is rather good even though it's no longer the 80s. I think a whole lot of people could dig this groovy track unless you aren't into poppy-classic rock. Well, regardless, go listen infadels.

- - Winter Update

I'm actually kinda starting to feel better. I guess that's good, because I was planning to go to school monday whether or not I felt good or felt like a dookie. Also, I got a bunch of my homework done today. I don't think I CAN do my chemistry just because I have no ******** idea how. Geometry, basically same situation. I got some of it done that I knew how to do anyway. English, easy. Nailed most of it and need the textbook for the rest. And history; none. Thank Jesus and whichever other gods or prophets assisted in this miracle. I'mma be okay with this whole 'miss two weeks' thing.
Zap! Sucked tonight. The CD player with all the sound effects on it ******** up and made my life hell. It kept randomly changing tracks, regardless of whether they were playing or not. It was plain hell.
Oh yeah, didn't like my hair red. I couldn't wear red. By the way, Emily, you win that one. Back to light brown it is.

Well, now I hate CD players. ******** em'.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 pm
XoooIoooNoooGooooo LoooYoooNoooXooooo HoooOoooUoooRooo

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I have horrible news. Mike Starr, the original bassist of Alice In Chains died today. No information has really been released, but I have to assume it's drug problems, he was on Celebrity Rehab in 2009 after all. Sadly, he was about to begin work with Days Of The New, but I can say that most likely wont happen. Mike was the bass player behind Facelift, Sap, and Dirt. Great work. Please, if you're religious, put a prayer in for Mike tonight. Rest In Piece Mr. Starr.
On more grungy news, a little more on the bright side, Seether released a new single today called "Country Song". Not suprisingly, it has a western tone to it. And I'm hoping it's not permanent. It's not really that great of a song, to me anyway. It's too... Poppy. It sounds like Shinedown or Hinder. And they aren't okay. I really hope this pop-country tone doesn't stick for the upcoming album, if it does, Seether's not gonna be good anymore.
Oh! I found a few Muse rarities that were actually B-side tracks for The Resistance. The song's are called, "Popcorn" and "Soaked". Admittedly, these songs are still synthesized heavily, but tit's okay! It's good synth. It's a little more like things you'd here from "City Of Delusion" or "Bliss". I like "Popcorn" more, but it is instrumental and mega-synthy. "Soaked", is like an actual song that's very much like "United States of Eurasia" that had a butt-baby with "City Of Delusion". Anyway, Muse might be good again!

Song of the Day - -

Rain When I Die - Alice In Chains
In due respect to Mike, here's a song he helped write and performed in beautifully. The song starts with a gnarly bass line and leads into a slow yet heavy song with a very wah filled guitar riff. The chorus definetly isn't a high point in this song, it's actually very short and acts more like a pre-chorus. Regardless, it's a great chorus for the song. The end of the song amuses me to no end. It fades out... And then it fades back in! Awesome idea, haha. Well anyway, I recommend this song to anyone. One of the great things about Alice In Chains is that anyone can really dig them. They're equal parts grunge, alternative, and metal. So, go check this song out and listen in silence for Mike. He's there.

- - Winter Update

I'm feeling mostly better, today I came back to a crimsonairre event and tomorrow Zap! starts up again until saturday night. Hopefully some plans follow throguh this weekend, but we'll see.

I'm in a no bueno mood. Mike dying's not cool.
Yesterday was the first day I haven't posted for like a week. Good job me! I wish I could post as much as I did last week, but oh well, ******** you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:09 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

We're closing shop, sorry guys. read the informational thread if you care. And also, Gold Marra, or whomever is the owner of this guild in the future; Please don't delete this thread, it will always be memorable to me.
To the fans, the few, the proud, the semi-intelligent; just kidding. But really, thank any of you who read and know that my writing was always a labor of love. I've spent around 150 hours in total writing these probably... So know that it was a labor, and I always tried to tend to my readers needs. Thank you guys, you were great. And lastly, I have to say, We have a song of the day.

Yeah - Kyuss
Here you go guys, enjoy the final song of the day.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas