Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Da Meks Of Mork

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:27 am
Hello one and all after a very long time away from the guild I'm back and redoing my ork army I'm redoing it all my models my history everything and i thought that statying a little blog about it might help keep me focused and I thought it would be fun to get feed back from my fellow gaiain's so here goes

As you might have guessed from the name its a spoof of the tachmarines of mars kinda thing my orks are well all the units I love to use and have gotten pretty good with so theres alot of machinery in it. I'll try to get some pics of my color schym in the next few days but with going with the tachmarine kinda feel its going to be red cloth with black armour but for now here's some pics O have of the first few machines to roll/wak out of the mekshop

First off the first two of my killa can's going from the idea of putting a squig in it after all they don't tend to be as nervuse as grots and would happily run head first into a units to get to chop on some one, thing, tank, what ever so heres squigs kan #1
User Image
User Image
User Image
now every squig herd needs a handeler so here he is
User Image
as a nod to the fan squig herders I make him this classic squig prod
User Image

Now for my trukk this is for my boss and his mega armoured boys so I wanted to make it look tough and worthy of a boss
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

well there you have it as always C&C welcome  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 am
Hey saw the models and i must say its looking good. If you can get some pictures of the paint scheme then that would be brilliant to see.  

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:52 pm
I love the conversions, very cleanly done. For your Walker to be good and Orky proppa, it could use a bit more dakka, or maybe something sharp on the feet for kicking around grots and 'umies.

I really like the look of the truck, especially from the front, and the squig prod has got a lot of good detail to it, I love it. Can't wait to see some paint!

PS: Welcome back!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 pm
Ok been some time since I posted but landing youself in the hospital with tube running in and out of you will do that but I'm back with some more progress finaly managed to get some pics of my color scyhme its still wip but heres the basic idea

this guy is the nob for my shoota boys
User Image
and from the back
User Image
he has a big cohppa but since he's leadding my shoota boys I thought he needed something a bit bigger then just a normal slugga so I thought why not give him a pump action sawed off slugga blaugh just what every nob needs

so heres the basic idea for the colors as always C&C welcome
P.S thanks its good to be back  

Drakeoss Dragoon

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:33 am
ok folks time for another update I found this at where I work for 25 cents to I picked him up and just had to do something with him to here he is my babomb dread

before I started I found he was actually almost the perfect size for a dread
User Image
User Image
and after the Orkgrades
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

and for those of you that don't think he's a danger
User Image

well there you have it a Babomb dread now maybe if bowser had a few of these people wouldn't blow thro those worlds in under a min blaugh

as always C&C welcome and I'll have more pics for you all tomorrow  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 am
i give this a resounding WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! good job i really like the concept and how it turned out .... so are you going to have like like Warboss Waaagh!rio and Weird boy Lugitui, and all that sorta stuff?  

Inenor

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 pm
Inenor
i give this a resounding WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! good job i really like the concept and how it turned out .... so are you going to have like like Warboss Waaagh!rio and Weird boy Lugitui, and all that sorta stuff?

I have thought about it and that may be a latter wwwaaagghh but this is for me meks army and well I wanted a uniqe dread and starting with him was a great saver in time and supplies, but I am thinking about doing a whole Mario thymed army, maybe one day  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 pm
ok update time again well here they are my first fully painted unit painted with the red and black color scyme I was talking about before giving it what I hope is a spoof of the techmarines of mars ,its a slugga boyz unit w/t nob armed with a power claw someof you might recognize him as the banner nod from the ork relise and you'd be right tho I changed him a bit he's now got grotsniks powerclaw arm and a meganobz powerclaw blades on it and some green stuff to fill things in
User Image
User Image
User Image

And heres my second buggie the paint is still wip but you get the idea, to be honist I had a blast making this one and he came together pretty quickly, well here he is
User Image
well there you have it wish me luck I'm trying to finish the army for a turnament on the 25th as always C&C are welcome  

Drakeoss Dragoon

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:31 am
Dis army 'es propa orky! twisted
though the red's could sue more highlighting I feel, that's just me being nitpicky!
well done on your conversion work as well!
I await to see the full army.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:20 pm
thanks bjs and heres some more stuff

my finished buggie
User Image
and my other buggie I call my Formula None buggie
User Image
and my big mek with SAG
User Image
User Image

as always C&C welcome and don't worry more pics are on the way  

Drakeoss Dragoon

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 pm
You know you can post your own project thread in this subforum, right? That way you can show off your own stuff. wink  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games