7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:35 am
are lacebacks and purse good for booty grab  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:41 am
Lacebacks are fine. Purse are terrible. Go with Lacebacks, Alpha
Grams, Lightening Bugs, or Walkers if you are just starting out.  

DizzyTee

Hygienic Lunatic

AntieQ
Crew

Aged Gaian

21,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:55 pm
I've been using this guy's guide....

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/a-guide-of-fish-and-mini-monsters/t.53637745/

I have no reason to suspect it to be unreliable. Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:32 pm
AntieQ
I've been using this guy's guide....

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/a-guide-of-fish-and-mini-monsters/t.53637745/

I have no reason to suspect it to be unreliable. Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

It's reliable but lacks a lot of information. For instance, if you look at some of the detailed stats for some monsters in my tank, you'd see:

Lawnshark - Cap @ 300, Drops 3 green coins every 2 seconds for a total of 180 gold per minute. Lives 4 weeks
Feathered Coatl - Cap @ 200 Drops 3 green coins every 2 seconds for a total of 180 gold per minute. Lives 4 weeks
Landstrider - Cap @ 300, Drops 1 blue coin every 2 seconds for a total of 90 gold per min. Lives 5 weeks

So, if you were to look at just that guide, you would probably assume that landstriders were better than lawnsharks and feathered coatls, since they drop blue gold. But you'd be wrong because they actually drop half the gold that the other 2 do. You would probably also assume that Lawnsharks & F. Coatls are equal, but again, you'd be wrong. Lawnsharks have a higher cap and therefore you have a better chance of getting more gold.

What I would suggest is hanging around the aquarium forum a lot, maybe finding a monster based BG thread, and find tanks with monsters you want to know about. Then use Absol's analyzer to get specifics on the fish.

I would guess that someone has put together a comprehensive list somewhere with all the stats, but I don't know where it would be.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:15 pm
I have a mule with a mixed tank and so far have found that Lawnsharks, Giant Sone Coatl's, Outlaw Wolves and Katsumi's Kokeshi Dolls give me the highest yield. Everything else I get in a strike three package I sell on the marketplace. 4laugh  
CHATTERBOX

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games