Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
What's you're ultimate, long term, non-scale goal?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 am
Sometimes we get lost in the farseeing goals we make for ourselves, but sometimes we also get lost in the little tiny points of paint that should be creating a whole picture. La Grande Jatte

For me there's a lot of clarity in looking at the big picture, the really big picture. My goal is really simple. I want to live my life as an active person. I want to be able to surf, kayak, and ride my bike well into my eighties.

My diet and exercise routine reflect this. And there's a lot of benefit to the outlook, because one day of binging isn't the end of the world to me the way it was before (Sure I'd like to stop it but I'm less concerned about it than I was before.)

So. What's your big goal. The end all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm
I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't want to put on a dress or a shirt and then worry whether or not people will be looking at my pudgy tummy. I want to make my clothing decisions because they're fun, not because I think they'll minimize my figure issues.

I want to be strong and limber and I want my body to reflect that. I want my body to be powerful and do crazy things like running long distance/endurance type races.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:52 am
I want to be able to run. Oh, do I want to be able to run.

For now, that means 3-4 mile walks a few times each week, slowly adding a few jog minutes in there, building it up to the point where I'll be able to just go~ I want to just be able to go, to have the freedom to let my body carry me.

It's just as much cardiovascular unfitness / asthma for me as anything. But I hate that 'a' word because it can be overcome and I refuse to use it as a crutch.

I'd like to have defined abdominal muscles, as well. We'll see on that one, though. (;

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:00 pm
User Image

I want to live longer.
I want to be happy in my own skin.
I want to not be the "fat friend."
I want to feel beautiful.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

pernicious toxic

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:30 pm
well...my sister has always been overcritical about my weight even when i was skinny.she made me feel fat so i ate..this started at a very young age...like 7. for my 16th birthday she got me a skirt and a dress...they were so beautiful.unfortunately the dress was a size 6 and the skirt was a size 4...and i was a size 10.they have been hanging in my closest since then...and in a few months ill be turning 20.my goal is to at least fit into the dress..maybe someday i can fit in the skirt but i doubt that.also since my sister is really tiny she left a lot of clothes at the house but they are mostly size 2, but there are a couple 4s and 6s.also someday when i get married id like to have a cute wedding dress.i want to have a good body for whenever i get pregnant so that i can get my body back afterward and be an active mom.thats a long time down the road though.anyways for those who are wondering my sister is older and is a size 0..at her heaviest point she was a size 4...yeah..i hate her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:14 pm
My ultimate goal with my weight is to be able to wear and buy whatever clothes I want. I hate having to shop for clothes of only a certain style. When I see something cute, I always see it cute on thin people...and then I resort to buying the plus sizes. I becomes so self conscience and start thinking that I would look ridiculous in such a cute top, or pretty skinny jeans. I hate having to feel like I'm trying to "squeeze into certain clothes." So, one of my goals is to get my confidence back.

Also, I want to be healthy. I want to be able to walk and run and exercise with out getting so tired easily. I'm so out of shape right now it's not even funny. Alziemer's Disease runs in my family on my dad's side. There is a good chance that I have it and will probably die when I'm like 60. I don't want that. My asthma always held me back as a kid, and I'm not going to let Alziemers take me away. I want to live a long, healthy life.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games