Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply Archives
[Archived] zOMG! As a Hangout Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sensual Soul
Vice Captain

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:34 pm
We should post a thread pointing out all the pluses in the Community Discussion Forum.

Maybe link a few of the Event threads that are in the zOMG forum, and not just ours but other guilds/clans too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:50 pm
Sensual Soul
We should post a thread pointing out all the pluses in the Community Discussion Forum.

Maybe link a few of the Event threads that are in the zOMG forum, and not just ours but other guilds/clans too.

See, just from my experience with these people, I think telling them about zOMG! would just make them less likely to use it.
              It's like trying to get the Invisibility achievement.
              xd

Anything is worth a shot! Even if we just get one person to come check out zOMG! it was worth it.

Also the newbie forum. << We should do a welcome thread and invite them to play zOMG! smile  

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Warrax1

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am
>.> ...if you're going to advertise zOMG in some forums, I'd advise the use of screenshots, and lure them in with the promise of gold. zOMG is great for making gold these days. <.< Most newbies need gold too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:03 pm

So, I'm starting actual work on making this happen.
              Yay me.
              xd

I've sent out a little survey thinger to a couple of people whom I know use Towns/Rally/Hollywood as a hangout.
              Anyone here use them?

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Aldfridus

Feline Enchantress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm
SykoCaster
              I'm not talking about playing the actual game, I'm talking about just sitting around and hanging out.

I see a problem there.

It's half-way solved by this:

SykoCaster
              Adding "hang-out" areas, in Barton. The "LOVE" building, outside of which Candice stands, would be perfect to host private rooms

But still, you know that the virtual world is big and awesome.

And not all people are CL 10.0s that don't get attacked by almost any undisturbed animated.

What if people wants to hang out on beaches and stuff?

Or if they want to make a picnic in Bass'ken Lake?

Low CL's can't, because they get raped attacked by evil fluffs.

The private room idea is cool, but it might be boring after a while.

The whole virtual world can be an actual hang-out place.

Now, I know this might not be the only solutions to this, but here I go:

- Make a repelling potion (with a gaia cash price, of course) that last as long as the user wants, where one use gives the repelling status, and another use terminates it (with a number of uses, like 10 uses, where 1 use is both for activate and terminate the effect). Pros are that it would make the totality of zOMG! a hang-out area; cons are that low CLs may use it as a mean to unlock the shards on the Null Chamber. A solution to that is that if you use the repellent, you can't use unattuned Null Chamber's shards for 12 hours after use (counting the termination of the repelling potion by using it as a "use" of it); also, you wouldn't be able to open chests or do quests for the same 12 hours, but you would be able to explore all the places on zOMG!, even the ones that need certain requirements (clicking switches, for example), avoiding exploits, and allowing crazy stuff, like having picnics with the Stone Coatl, or making submarine studies on the Shallow Sea and beyond (perfect for new players to plan things ahead, awful for us if noobs start going into places and annoy the hell up to people; it's not like if they don't do that right now anyway).

- Make a repelling ring (possible name "Adventurer Ring" or something in that style), with the same characteristics (one use activates it, another use terminates it, and gives you the 12 hour penalty); it would be natural to be sold in Back Alley Bargains (and re-sold on the Marketplace) because is unnatural for some animated to not attack you (unless you are so strong that they are afraid of doing so) and the animated themselves drop rings that have a limited effect of repelling them; it might not be a good investment because it's one ring, compared with potions that deplete over time and you have to buy again and again.

- Make both, the potion and the ring; sell the potions at a cheap price (not so cheap, tho); sell the ring at a price that tells you "hey, you can buy those cheap potions, but for a lot more money, you can have that power permanently". Just like those websites that let you upload things for free with limitations, or upload things without limitations for a fee, or the same with a premium, everlasting account you paid for with a lot of money. This potion/ring example being the last two.

Sorry if I make this three solutions sound like Gaia's "greedy-grabby hands"
approach, but those things might be a source of income for the game.

The potion/ring solution also makes it viable for new players and
older, more veteran players to enjoy and buy the items equally.

- Make the hang-out area on the "LOVE" building something like a Holodeck, where you can go into any area of the virtual world (with companions or alone, making it private or free for all) starting on Barton Town, but without any animated, just like it was before the freak accident where Gino exploded. It can be used with the layers doohickey that servers have, as in people who use the "LOVE" building enter into layers of the game where the animated don't spawn, leaving everything else undisturbed (except maybe for NPCs not talking to you, or some Barton Guards disappearing because there are no animated, or even Marshall being with his son in Bass'ken and without his underwater diving gear because there is nothing to investigate under the sea); a penalty for doing this might be that you have instanced bosses working normally (that's it, if you want to battle Endboss on the world without animated, you have to enter the Shallow Sea, but it will be filled with animated as usual, and you still have to activate the switches, and if you enter Bass'ken's Saw Mill, Papa Saw would be there waiting to tear you apart) and that Null Chambers don't exist (giving you the walking experience that browsing the map gave you in the old days, as an homage, and avoiding low CLs from unlocking shards, again), so if you get dazed because of bosses, you come back to the actual world, and you would have to go to Barton, and enter the "LOVE" building again.

Sorry if this is so freaking big and a little hard to read, but that's why
punctuation marks were created for, and I just wrote this stuff from scratch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 am

I'll assume that everyone died trying to read that ******** of words.

Aldfridus

Feline Enchantress

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 am

People aren't going to pay for something in zOMG! they can get for free in Towns.
              I do like the idea of an Anti-aggro ring, though.
              It should just be free.
              And decrease your luck to -50 so you can't get any drops that way.

The thing is, Towns doesn't have much variety anyway.
              Grassy square, grassy square, grassy square, grassy square with a rock.
              Barton Town is easily a better place to go.
              But that's not what people are looking for.

There're two problems people seem to have.

One, no one goes to zOMG! to just chill out.
              Which is a self-perpetuating issue.
              No one goes there because no one goes there.
              Once we get a large enough of a chunk of people going there to hang out, though, that won't be so much of an issue.

Two, zOMG! is just freaking huge, with no way of easily finding anyone.
              With Towns, you can make and select topics to go to.
              With Rally/Hollywood, you can just click the "Join" button on your My Gaia, and you instantly show up next to them.
              zOMG! doesn't have anything like that.
              With zOMG!, you need to pre-select a server with your friends, then meet up, without any kind of teleport, and then crew so you'll all be on the same layer.
              It's too much effort, compared to simply clicking "Join in MTV's The Hills".

I plan on addressing these with ideas, shortly.
              :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 am
SykoCaster

I do like the idea of an Anti-aggro ring, though.
              It should just be free.
              And decrease your luck to -50 so you can't get any drops that way.

Ohohoho~, that's wicked but awesome.

SykoCaster

The thing is, Towns doesn't have much variety anyway.
              Grassy square, grassy square, grassy square, grassy square with a rock.
              Barton Town is easily a better place to go.
              But that's not what people are looking for.

There're two problems people seem to have.

One, no one goes to zOMG! to just chill out.
              Which is a self-perpetuating issue.
              No one goes there because no one goes there.
              Once we get a large enough of a chunk of people going there to hang out, though, that won't be so much of an issue.

Two, zOMG! is just freaking huge, with no way of easily finding anyone.
              With Towns, you can make and select topics to go to.
              With Rally/Hollywood, you can just click the "Join" button on your My Gaia, and you instantly show up next to them.
              zOMG! doesn't have anything like that.
              With zOMG!, you need to pre-select a server with your friends, then meet up, without any kind of teleport, and then crew so you'll all be on the same layer.
              It's too much effort, compared to simply clicking "Join in MTV's The Hills".

Well, in the other virtual worlds (if you don't click the "Join" stuff), you still need to choose a server; the
thing that makes those places better for hanging out is that they take no time to load (unless scripters are doing stuffs) and people all load and start in the same screen, and there aren't random layers.

If someday, zOMG! gets a smooth treatment, where the game loads faster even for people with poor connection (well, even online pay-to-play games have specifications for connections, is not their fault if your connection is bad and you still want to play the game), maybe they can can code the layering system for you to choose a server, and afterwards one of the layers for you to load (with those having the same color code for if they are empty green, half full yellow, or about to explode red; then you can say "hey, let's meet in Gold Beach on the 153th layer". So, instead of going into random layers, you get one layer for the whole ride, and newcomers can choose to get into different layers if those aren't as empty as they would like to.

I just noticed that Sen had the same idea.

And even if it doesn't get a smooth treatment, it's not like the game
lags that much, and maybe choosing layers might help the lag go away.

Is this someday going to be put in the actual zOMG! forum for devs to read?

So they can say "yeah, that's not possible", or "yeah, that doesn't even make freaking sense that's a good idea"

I mean, suggestions are good, except when devs don't read them

Aldfridus

Feline Enchantress

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Yeah, but it's still much easier to just click Join Me on a whim, than set a whole thing up.

And... I still get a loading screen.
              Not as long as zOMG!, but I get one.
              neutral

And personally, I'd rather just have them get a working version of what they used to have.
              A list with what friends are on what server.
              That would be nearly as good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Also, yes, we'll be posting a thread in the main forum, once we've organized our thoughts.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Aldfridus

Feline Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Awesomesauce on future thread.

It would be difficult to add a Join Me button that leads you to zOMG! exactly like the other ones.

Or even a Join Me button that leads you exactly where the other ones are.

There are so much difficult solutions that are easy to
code, but the easiest solution is ******** hard to code.

Oh the irony.

Unless they revamp the teleport-into-your-friends system for a teleport-into-user-with-username system.

SykoCaster
Also the newbie forum. << We should do a welcome thread and invite them to play zOMG! smile

I was inviting a newbie to play zOMG! two days ago.

A Chrome user; I think he might have liked it and played after I left.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 am

So.
              Just an update.

I did have a pretty decent discussion with Kuzuan about adding a "join" button for zOMG!.
              It wouldn't bring you exactly to your friend's location, but it would bring you to the same server.a

The simple fact is that, except on a person-to-person level, we're not going to be able to get Towns, Hollywood, and Rally-goes to switch over to zOMG! as it is now.
              What we really need to do is push the Developers for more friends-based features.
              Such as the Join button, a working Friendslist on the server-select page, and /find feature, or the option to see your friends on the World Map.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas