Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
i hate drawing legs this whole thing just looks SO AWKWARD.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ASHLEYASDFGH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 am
      hahaha. this is why I never do fullbodies. :I

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

you guys have any suggestions? D:
      I know she doesn't have arms yet, haha.
      also which way do you like her cape thing better? P:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:11 am
If it's supposed to be a more sexy pose I like the billowing cape a bit better, gives it a more open flare. The opposite though might be more appropriate if the character is very shy.

A bit of crit, if I may: her not having arms at the moment is throwing off the top a bit, since it's difficult to find her shoulders. The other thing that really stands out is either her torso is rather short or her back/behind area isn't curved out enough to match how she's leaned over.

Definite positive points: its a good start to a piece and I really love the face, especially the eyes, very attention attracting.  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

ASHLEYASDFGH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm
      so you think its just her torso thats too short?
      that makes sense~
      i was just looking at all these leg refs and I couldnt figure out how to make them look better~ but now that you mention the torso I think thats actually it D:
      i'll give that a go!

and thank you for the positive points. c:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 pm
She looks very crunched up - and I know that is going to happen with a pose like that, but if you make some more consistent curves in the image it could help streamline it.

So what I mean is find a strong curve in her body, an S curve, perhaps, and WORK it! Make it dynamic. I like the idea of the cape billowing out, but in the second image, with it pressed close to her back, you can use the cape to help define the silhouette of her body. Have a little concave curve to show the small of her back.

I think drawing her torso first then the cape will help a lot, because I think you are masking a lot of volume which should be under there. I think her arms would be showing too - or at least some indication of them.

I think her legs are for the most part fine - though I think to have the right leg turned at that angle (seeing the front) it would have to be pushed back a bit. If its knees tucked together and feet apart, then the foot should not be in as dramatic an angle.  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:20 am
right off the bat i can tell your proportions are off. normally a body is about 7 and 1/2 heads tall. yours is barely 6. an easy way to keep your proportions is the hips will always fall 4 heads down. and in your case its about 2 1/2 to 3 heads down  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games