Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Zoe's fun reward recipes (Low in calories!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Yes, I found the recipes online, to reward myself for being good. I am going to share each week.

Six weight watchers points!
245 Calories, 17 grams of fat.

COFFEE CHOPS
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time-to-table: 15 minutes
Serves 4
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 pork chops, about 4 ounces each, fat removed
About 1 tablespoon sugar
Salt & pepper

1/2 cup strong coffee
More salt & pepper
Heat a large skillet on medium high. When it’s hot, add the butter and the oil. Meanwhile, season each chop on both sides with sugar, salt and pepper. When the skillet and the fat is hot enough (see ALANNA’s TIPS), add the chops. Cook the first side, without touching or turning the meat, for about 4 minutes. Turn the chops over, reduce the heat to medium and cook the second side for about 5 minutes. Transfer the chops to a plate, preferably warm, and cover loosely with foil.

Add the coffee to the skillet. As it boils up, use a spatula to loosen any meat bits from the bottom and the sides. (This is called de-glazing.) Let the coffee simmer for 2 – 3 minutes until it becomes somewhat syrupy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Transfer the chops to a platter or serving plates, pour coffee sauce over top.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:30 pm
That sounds like a great recipe! I'll have to try it soon for sure!  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:48 am
The thing about low calorie diets is that after a long time they lower metabolism.
gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 pm
+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+
The thing about low calorie diets is that after a long time they lower metabolism.
gonk

You're confusing low cal with very low cal which, yes, will eventually hurt your metabolism. You have to lower your calories in order to lose weight and it's possible to do so without harming your metabolism. Yes it's going to go down, but it's going to go down because you're getting smaller and thus your body needs less fuel to keep going.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Also, it's 245 calories for the chops alone. Add in some grilled veggies or a salad, a piece of whole-grain toast, and a glass of red wine, and you've met a solid 400-500 calorie meal, which is more than adequate.

1,200 calories a day will not lower your metabolism. (:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 am
Weight Watchers Moo Shu Chicken Wraps recipe - 7 points
Advertisement

Moo Shu is a Chinese dish that consists of stir-fried veggies and meat (chicken, pork, beef or even tofu) wrapped in thin Chinese-style crepes with some hoisin sauce. In this quick recipe we will be using flour tortillas instead of the Chinese crepes, and some leftover chicken (if you have no leftovers use a roasted chicken from the store).

Some other ingredients that you can put inside these wraps are mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions, snow peas, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and scrambled eggs.

Weight Watchers Moo Shu Chicken Wraps recipe

Ingredients
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
4 flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

Preparation
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet.
2. Add the coleslaw mix and cook for about 2-3 minutes (just until slightly softened but still crunchy).
3. Add the chicken pieces and cook to heat through for another 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Place the tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
7. Microwave the tortillas on high for about 45-60 seconds (until softened).
8. Place 1/4 of the chicken and cabbage mixture on a tortilla.
9. Fold each tortilla end over, then roll to make an enclosed wrap.

Servings: 4

Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 7
Calories: 304
Total fat: 14.1 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Sodium: 634 mg
Total carbs: 22.4 g
Dietary fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 21.6 g  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 am
Yes, if you eat to where you make sure your body gets a certain amount of nutrition then your metabolism will not slow. Just do not starve. The coffee chops are wonderful, I am going to cook the mu shu chicken tonight, I am about to post a recipe for a low calorie italian dessert, enjoy!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 am
Ok, I know I said italian dessert, but for dinner tonight, I decided since I have seven points a meal, plus one point for a sweet, it would not be smart, so this is the side dish I am making tonight, with fruity green tea as dessert.

Weight Watchers Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Ingredients:
- 1 ripe spaghetti squash
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Kosher or salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder

Directions:
Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up, spray lightly with the non-fat cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bake at 350° about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender. Remove from oven and let it cool 10 minutes. Using a fork, scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time. It will separate into spaghetti-like strands. Place in a serving dish and serve hot. Total servings per recipe will vary depending on squash size.

Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 0 Weight Watchers Points  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games