Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I have a question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:45 pm
alright so for sometime now i have been asking myself this question and i do believe its true but i have to ask others on their opinions

so the God Vulcan who is associated with being the god of the Forge along with fire well if he is the god of the Forge does that also entitle him to being the the God of Material Creation

only asking out of wanting to better understand my own belief on his association

thank you for any feedback on this subject  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm
I admit that I'm not well versed in Roman mythology, but my initial thought would be no.

If we look at Hephaistos, which is generally accepted as Vulcan's Greek counterpart, then it seems that he is associated with metalworking specifically. His creation of things is more due to his association with fire (and what he can create using it), rather than an association with "creation" in general.

The Vulcan wiki page might be a good place to start, and point you to some other resources that might give you more detailed info.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm
I feel it is worth noting he is specifically mentioned in regards to destructive fire, and for that reason I agree with too2sweet's conclusion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 pm
that makes sense thank you for helping me clear that up it just had me wondering do to the nature of a forge that if you forge something you are in essence creating some object or other like i had read a small paragraph from a a book athat i believe is call The Seven Swords but am unsure if thats what its really called any ways it made mention of Vulcan searching for a good fire for his forge to start work in making a set of swords but i gues maybe the author was confused on Vulcan's true association  

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces