Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Traditional Art Critique

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

starsearch789

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:02 pm
I really need help...I can' seem to make the eyes look real on this figure so please, if you have any hints/tips please share them. I appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 pm
...also, if you have a DA account then you can just post the hints/tips/critique on there  

starsearch789

Acedia della Invidia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 pm
good pic I think I can help you with this(I draw portraits of people, so here are some tips)

1)The eyes have to shape like an alamond(not a football, careful lol)

2)The eyes have to be at least almost a perfect circle,but you eyelid and all covers it so no worry there. so does the iris, don't make the iris to big either. You also can put like lines comming out the iris and the side of the eye. Don't forget the little shine as well(exp anime eyes have a white spot)

3) also draw the cornea as well

4) Don't forget when drawing the eye you eye opens so you have a litte fold on the top so put a line that flows on top of the eye. also on the bottom as well.

5) The eyebrows are also important, they don't stick alone but in chunks so put like, a eyelashes closely together flowing on one side and the other, you have some at the bottom but not as much so they can be small strands

I hope this was good, I can give you more advice with the face if you want 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 am
XChrome_DukuroX
good pic I think I can help you with this(I draw portraits of people, so here are some tips)

2)The eyes have to be at least almost a perfect circle,but you eyelid and all covers it so no worry there. so does the iris, don't make the iris to big either. You also can put like lines comming out the iris and the side of the eye. Don't forget the little shine as well(exp anime eyes have a white spot)

4) Don't forget when drawing the eye you eye opens so you have a litte fold on the top so put a line that flows on top of the eye. also on the bottom as well.

5) The eyebrows are also important, they don't stick alone but in chunks so put like, a eyelashes closely together flowing on one side and the other, you have some at the bottom but not as much so they can be small strands

I hope this was good, I can give you more advice with the face if you want 3nodding

Thanks.

P.S. the ones I have underlined, I need more info on!  

starsearch789

Acedia della Invidia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 am
starsearch789
XChrome_DukuroX

Thanks.

I'll see if I can post a pic of how to draw an eye for you ^_^ so it be easier to explain and look at 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm
Ren Rokudo
starsearch789
XChrome_DukuroX

Thanks.

I'll see if I can post a pic of how to draw an eye for you ^_^ so it be easier to explain and look at 3nodding

OK...thanks! You can also send it in a PM  

starsearch789

Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces