Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Gals only- its about "girly time"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aourai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 am
I'll start with saying I've already seen a doctor, had a pregnancy test, and am going in for a screening in case its cervical or ovarian cancer.

I was wondering, have any of you, when you were at your largest, missed a period?

I've missed this month. It could be a combo of stress (I just had my biggest sales event of the year, then drove to NC and then SC then back to Chicago) and travel, but it could be from weight gain. They say obesity can cause that, and I think I'm tipping the scales at really close to the O word. I have TRIED to lose weight but no one in my house eats well, and its real hard to diet when everyone around you carbs out and eats cake every day.

So has anyone on here missed a period when they struggled with weight?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am
Totally, I stopped getting regular periods and skipped them months at a time, six months at a time style. Like 2-4 per year was all I got the year I was at my heaviest. (233 lbs) and probably within a few weeks of dropping below 200 lbs I started getting them regularly again. I'm so regular I come on the same day practically every month unless I get super stressed out. (I've got a 30 day cycle pretty much. More things you didn't need to know about Seraph).

What I'm trying to say is that its pretty normal. I was so angry when my doctor told me I was fat and to come back when I'd dropped about 20 lbs, but she was right (and I hate that. ._.)

Good luck, don't let your doctor make you feel bad.

Is it possible for you to encourage your family towards a diet change?  

Tandahda
Crew

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm
Sounds like it could potentially be PCOS and you've finally reached the threshold at which your ovaries don't want to ovulate regularly anymore and thus the skipped period.

That said, the traveling could definitely be the culprit as well. I had never, ever, EVER missed a period or even really been that late, but in the final weeks leading up to my wedding, I was so stressed out that my period would NOT come until we were on our honeymoon and unwinding.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm
Stress, Travel, Diet change, Exercise Change, and weight (very high or very low) can all affect your cycle.

I lost my period alltogether when I dropped WAY below a healthy range.
I also WAS ON MY PERIOD for 25 days straight when I was stressed and studying abroad in Austria.
Medication can affect it as well.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games