Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Finding the Right Deity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:48 pm
I have been relatively lost in this area. When I look at over all pantheons, I never feel attracted to any one. The only goddess I have ever felt a connection with is Cerridwen. But none of the other Welsh deities, and never with any God. Is there something wrong with this? Or do I just have more investigating to do? Any advice and/or direction would be much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm
I feel that when we find someone to have a relationship with, we can hold that relationship as being special without building up unrealistic expectations.

Having said that, I also feel that we should never stop searching- so more investigation is always a good thing.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 pm
Aislin Artiers
I have been relatively lost in this area. When I look at over all pantheons, I never feel attracted to any one. The only goddess I have ever felt a connection with is Cerridwen. But none of the other Welsh deities, and never with any God. Is there something wrong with this? Or do I just have more investigating to do? Any advice and/or direction would be much appreciated.

Research, meditation, research. It took a lot of that for me to finally find what I had been searching for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:34 pm
Why do you think you need to work with a pantheon or gods at all?  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Arden Deschain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 am
Maybe it's not that they think they need to, but that they desire to? Needs and wants are different things, like needing to eat, or wanting to have roast duck. they both stem from hunger, but are distinctly different expressions. Similarly, wanting to work with more gods versus needing to both stem from a desire to worship. More research is always good, but, as Brass Bell Doll has noted here and in another thread, there might not be an obvious sign of a connection in the way of the deity responding, and we shouldn't expect one just because most of the examples of people worshiping involve them receiving a sign that the god or goddess is listening.

Perhaps you're looking for that feeling of "coming home" that has been mentioned? I'm looking for that as well, and as it's been said and you suggested in your original post, more research is the way to find it. At least, I hope so, because that's what I'm doing!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 am
Arden Deschain
Perhaps you're looking for that feeling of "coming home" that has been mentioned? I'm looking for that as well, and as it's been said and you suggested in your original post, more research is the way to find it. At least, I hope so, because that's what I'm doing!

I feel sometimes that feeling of "coming home" has a great deal to do with acceptance- and often that acceptance has to do with accepting ourselves- and changing that which is unacceptable about ourselves. My growing as people, and developing who we are, we're able to make more room in our lives to share ourselves with others.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items