Defence: 235
Sp. Atk: 330
Sp. Def: 178
Speed: 229
Moves it knows.
Ice Beam
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Fly (i wanna switch this move for dragon dance though. should i?)
Well good? Bad? Tell me. If u hab any tips plz give cause i still got 5 more lvs.to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm
Lovin the Att/Sp.Att. Not very fast compared to your other stats though and it's Sp. Def isn't the best. If you don't 1HKO Ice Beam will rip right through you as though you were paper.

Nice Move set, but it would be a shame to have all that attack and no moves to use it with. Extreme Speed is great and so is fly if your going up against something slow with Ice Beam user.

It's really good otherwise. I would be afraid of it at any rate.  

ethereal_dragon_ryuu

6,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 am
ethereal_dragon_ryuu
Lovin the Att/Sp.Att. Not very fast compared to your other stats though and it's Sp. Def isn't the best. If you don't 1HKO Ice Beam will rip right through you as though you were paper.

Nice Move set, but it would be a shame to have all that attack and no moves to use it with. Extreme Speed is great and so is fly if your going up against something slow with Ice Beam user.

I disagree with him, if something with IceBeam comes at you, you should just switch out, or expect to beat it in one hit. Even if his defense was high, people usually have a Dragon-Slayer type with them, that is trained to be a sweeping Dragon killer, so up'ing defense is kinda a waste when it would die anyway. (STAB+High Attack/S.Attack+Ice Move=Dead Dragon)

Give him a Berry that reduces the effect of ice type moves and that should help you out big time!

Also, in my opinion, with this Pokemon, I go pure attack/speed with my EV's, you want him to out speed anything, and by chance something does, use extreme speed, and have a high attack power simply so you can hit hard.

- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Swords Dance boosts Rayquaza's already ridiculous Attack to even more obscene levels. Dragon Dance is an option instead of Swords Dance, simply to get his speed, and attack up. While Swords dance is better in my opinion, you can't go wrong with D.Dance. Extremespeed bypasses Rayquaza's slightly above-average Speed and hits pretty hard when combined with Swords Dance/D.Dance.
Dragon Claw is your go-to for non-physical defenders and other dragons, while Quake is for virtually any and everything else.

You go with Adamant Nature to boost Attack Power while taking away from S.Attack which you do not need. throw some in speed to get this baby going, and the rest just go into HP. I think Life Orb is probably one of the better items, but you could always go with the Ice-reducing berry I talked about earlier.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm
Positively Cynical
ethereal_dragon_ryuu

I disagree with him, if something with IceBeam comes at you, you should just switch out, or expect to beat it in one hit. Even if his defense was high, people usually have a Dragon-Slayer type with them, that is trained to be a sweeping Dragon killer, so up'ing defense is kinda a waste when it would die anyway. (STAB+High Attack/S.Attack+Ice Move=Dead Dragon)

Give him a Berry that reduces the effect of ice type moves and that should help you out big time!

Also, in my opinion, with this Pokemon, I go pure attack/speed with my EV's, you want him to out speed anything, and by chance something does, use extreme speed, and have a high attack power simply so you can hit hard.

- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Swords Dance boosts Rayquaza's already ridiculous Attack to even more obscene levels. Dragon Dance is an option instead of Swords Dance, simply to get his speed, and attack up. While Swords dance is better in my opinion, you can't go wrong with D.Dance. Extremespeed bypasses Rayquaza's slightly above-average Speed and hits pretty hard when combined with Swords Dance/D.Dance.
Dragon Claw is your go-to for non-physical defenders and other dragons, while Quake is for virtually any and everything else.

You go with Adamant Nature to boost Attack Power while taking away from S.Attack which you do not need. throw some in speed to get this baby going, and the rest just go into HP. I think Life Orb is probably one of the better items, but you could always go with the Ice-reducing berry I talked about earlier.

thanks for the info now i can work on my other rayquaza i caught in the embbeded tower which is adamant  

AtomicBuddah

4,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
TPLoG Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items