no
View Results

rukun-prime

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 am
ive had a tyranitar in my team befor they are really strong and their atacks can deystroy the opponet but it has the worst ability sand stream unless you have all rocks and steel types in your party your pokemon are going to take sandstorm damage wile battleing witch can hurt you in the long run of a battle and no one wants all rock or steel cause there weak agest very commen types fire water grass fighting so yeah  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:25 am
that is why normally, if you run Tyranitar, usually save him for last, being the tank and heavy hitter he is, or, use a back up plan like having one or two pokemon know sunny day or rain dance to rid yourself of the sandstorm once he's fainted.

the reason he has sandstream in the first place is so he doesn't have to use sandstorm to get his added effect for it.
His special def goes up by 50% in a sandstorm, making him a frightful enemy to face. With an already whopping attack and def stat, he doesn't get much for spec def and speed, luckily those can be overcome with a few good move sets and his added ability, sandstream.  

Lord_Shadowvayne

5,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

rukun-prime

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:41 am
Lord_Shadowvayne
that is why normally, if you run Tyranitar, usually save him for last, being the tank and heavy hitter he is, or, use a back up plan like having one or two pokemon know sunny day or rain dance to rid yourself of the sandstorm once he's fainted.

the reason he has sandstream in the first place is so he doesn't have to use sandstorm to get his added effect for it.
His special def goes up by 50% in a sandstorm, making him a frightful enemy to face. With an already whopping attack and def stat, he doesn't get much for spec def and speed, luckily those can be overcome with a few good move sets and his added ability, sandstream.
i know its a good ability for tyranitar but what if you have like a swallow or blastoise or other types that get hurt by sand storm i dont wanna waste a turn by changing the feild with sunny day or rain dance  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:48 am
then like i said, save him for last. i always do, and he wins with rape!!

also, if you EV train your pokemon right with good def stats, then you wouldn't have to worry about wasting a turn for sunny day or rain dance  

Lord_Shadowvayne

5,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

rukun-prime

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am
maybe ill try tryanitar now thanks for the info btw most of my team are best at defense and speed  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:03 am
then you shouldn't have a problem getting rid of the sandstorm with another weather move  

Lord_Shadowvayne

5,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

rukun-prime

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 am
i just cant find the tm for rain dance or sunny day  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:11 pm
I think it depends on circumstance.

Think of it this way, you don't know if your opponent might have a Focus Sash or not, but the damage from the sandstorm will negate the item.

As long as your pokemon is faster, the damage from your own sandstorm shouldn't even be a factor.  

Arcanas

Hunter

cloud7890

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:19 pm
it could be slightly useful if you have another pokemon in your party who knows sand veil  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Arcanas

Think of it this way, you don't know if your opponent might have a Focus Sash or not, but the damage from the sandstorm will negate the item.

As long as your pokemon is faster, the damage from your own sandstorm shouldn't even be a factor.

well all im saying in a battle every bit of hp counts 1 hp can be the difrence from failure and victory  

rukun-prime

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm
toko-kun
Arcanas

well all im saying in a battle every bit of hp counts 1 hp can be the difrence from failure and victory
I dunno about that...most teams that have strong sweepers are built to take you out in as little hits as possible, taking advantage of super effective attacks, most of the time resulting in OHKO's. The damage that Sandstream inflicts negates the use of Focus Sash, so that 1HP that you COULD be left with is now irrelevant.

so from there, it all comes down to who's faster, and if you have an attack that will attack the opponents weakspot, either physically, or specially.

Needing 1Hp is more for those looking to get off a suicide bomb using a slow and powerful pokemon with explosion.  
TPLoG Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games