Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Think to what you drink.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:40 pm
I was pondering how many calories I was pouring down my gullet just now, as I sipped upon a Mike's Hard Lemonade, turns out, a bunch. 220 in fact.

And then I pondered how many calories are in the oh... bottle of wine I'll put back at a party. Around 600 turns out.

And was horrified, Hard liquor is the hardest to find calorie counts for but here's a good site.

http://www.modern-wine-cellar.com/calories-in.html

No wonder most diet plans cut alcohol right out!  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm
On top of that, the carbs in beer and other alcohol bloat you up, and you retain the water pretty bad most of the time. x___x

Water, tea, and crystal light for me! haha. (:

Thanks for the useful site!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:00 pm
I'll have a glass of oj with about 2 oz of vodka (about a single shot) when i'm feeling cheeky heart ninja  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:16 am
If I'm going to drink, I opt for hard liquor with a diet/sugar free mixer because I can drink more for less calories than if I was going for beer or wine. (That and I prefer hard liquor, truth be told.) I shot of most liquors is 2 Weight Watchers points so I'd assume that give or take 100 calories would be a good rule of thumb.

In general, I'm pretty picky when it comes to calorie containing beverages. My usual rule is that I'd much rather eat a hundred calories than drink a hundred, but I do make some exceptions. Because there will always be days where I just really need a drink.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Zombie Cyborg Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 am
(Hey, thanks for the invite)

A couple times a week I go to the bar and solo a pitcher of budweiser. The sad thing is, is that walking to the bar is the only exercise I get. I would drink lite beer but I like the taste of normal budweiser much better. Infact I've been drinking it for so long it actually tastes of vanilla. My dad wasn't joking when he said it's an aquirred taste. lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am
Heh. I'm like that with wine, Red wine is like candy to me and it goes down WAYYYY too fast.

There are things to do if you know you'll be drinking on particular weekends or if you know party time is coming up. I know of a guy that eats a little more conservatively every week in the summer almost (And I'm talking like, 150 calories fewer per day) so that he can almost 900 calories saved up for a night of drinking and nacho chips with his friends.  

Tandahda
Crew

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 am
It's a good thing I don't drink/consume alcohol. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 am
I usually drink 80 proof liquor, so 65 calories per ounce.

BUT, I rarely drink, and usually only drink coffee or water as my beverages.

So, I guess I don't care all too much.

If I were on an uber diet, I would.

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games