Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Repellent Young Conservatives. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:33 am
Captain Churchill
i think there needs to be an encouragement of political thinking in schools.

Certainly. Though I can't imagine it being done without bias. Governments understandably fear the combined power of youth and free thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:42 am
Invictus_88
Captain Churchill

Certainly. Though I can't imagine it being done without bias. Governments understandably fear the combined power of youth and free thought.

Heh, the Rector (head teacher) has bashed either Bush or Blair in every assembly since the summer. Its quite amusing, best part of assembly. Today he compared the percentage of people who voted for Hitler (33%) to the percentage of people who voted for Blair (36/37/38%?).  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:05 pm
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
Captain Churchill

Heh, the Rector (head teacher) has bashed either Bush or Blair in every assembly since the summer. Its quite amusing, best part of assembly. Today he compared the percentage of people who voted for Hitler (33%) to the percentage of people who voted for Blair (36/37/38%?).

A fair comparion in more ways than one.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:38 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Please lead the Conservatives Francis... and stop this poor, poor grammar. neutral

Well, quite.

"Education, education, education." As they say!

rolleyes
thats blairite language. you must be confused... gonk
I concur. Do not confuse the Tories with Labour filth. Although with that leftie tree hugging git Cameron leading the Tories now I suppose I shouldn't blame you.  

OriontheHunter

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:40 am
Well, the tories are making ground. I'd say it was at the loss of their backbone, but they're actually more united now that ever before.

I just hope they find the right direction. Opposing ID cards is a start. But letting the smoking ban go through most certainly is not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:19 am
OriontheHunter
Mr. Bono Vox
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Please lead the Conservatives Francis... and stop this poor, poor grammar. neutral

Well, quite.

"Education, education, education." As they say!

rolleyes
thats blairite language. you must be confused... gonk
I concur. Do not confuse the Tories with Labour filth. Although with that leftie tree hugging git Cameron leading the Tories now I suppose I shouldn't blame you.
ouch.. XD i wouldnt say hes a lefty at all, at the end of the day i still think he is discovering who he really is and where he really stands.  

Captain Churchill

Captain Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:58 am
Invictus_88
Well, the tories are making ground. I'd say it was at the loss of their backbone, but they're actually more united now that ever before.

I just hope they find the right direction. Opposing ID cards is a start. But letting the smoking ban go through most certainly is not.
however i dont think they will win the next election, I think labour will get in under brown with about a 20 seat majority, the lib dems with about 40 seats and the tories will clean up the rest. in other words labour wil get 36% of the vote (332 seats), the conservatives will get 38% of the vote (246 seats) and the libs will get 18% of the vote (44 seats) That is if everything stays the same in the economy and such.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 pm
Captain Churchill
Invictus_88

however i dont think they will win the next election, I think labour will get in under brown with about a 20 seat majority, the lib dems with about 40 seats and the tories will clean up the rest. in other words labour wil get 36% of the vote (332 seats), the conservatives will get 38% of the vote (246 seats) and the libs will get 18% of the vote (44 seats) That is if everything stays the same in the economy and such.

For the moment, that looks very plausible. Is this your own analysis or one taken from elsewhere?

That said, it's hard to know. The tories might pull something out of the bag and the lib/dems (ha ha ha! unlikely!) may unite under some cort of coherent policy..

Invictus_88
Captain

Captain Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:22 pm
Invictus_88
Captain Churchill
Invictus_88

For the moment, that looks very plausible. Is this your own analysis or one taken from elsewhere?

That said, it's hard to know. The tories might pull something out of the bag and the lib/dems (ha ha ha! unlikely!) may unite under some cort of coherent policy..
i took the
g;es from polls and used the BBC website to calculate it.

by the way. nothing to do with Conservatives but anyways..

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Allah's_True_Prophet_Muhammad
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Allah
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Islam

Ten times more insulting than the danish cartoons, but 20 times more funny.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games