Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Your opinion of this post.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
I found this post on this forum (scroll down until you see Evermind):
Evermind

"Well, I'm a solitary um... Neo-Wiccan... I guess. I honestly don't see why Gardnerians and Alexandrians are on a pillar above other Wiccans. Most of what is the "history" of Wicca was stuff that Gardner made up. Most of what the Alexandrians do is just a bit changed from Gardner's BOS, so they're in basically the same boat. I think that Wicca has a bit of poetic license built into it just because of its history. But that's just me.

I don't consider myself a Neo-Wiccan, really. I'm Wiccan. Wicca itself is neo enough as it is! I can't say that I wouldn't join a BTW coven, but right now I'm not looking to. (Was invited to... But no. Some day ask about my rant on Paganism on Long Island!) Right now, all I want to do is live my life according to the tenets that ARE there, and be the best Wiccan I can be. These rules are both the ones found in Gardner's BOS and rules that I set for myself. (For example, I have incorporated my straight edge lifestyle into my spirituality.)

Honestly though... All the different words don't mean a thing to me at the end of the day. I go home, I meditate, and I feel completely and utterly Wiccan to my very core. Whether or not others feel that's the most appropriate term doesn't matter in my private thoughts. "

I'm a member of several pagan websites and I see a lot of people who share this view. This person is a moderator on the site so I assume people look up to her.

I was wondering what people think of this point of view.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm
I feel I would need to see more of her reasoning to evaluate the position, but as it stands, there are Gardnerians and Alexandrians who would likely support her use of the word Wicca, amongst them prominent Third Degree Wiccans like Deborah Lipp.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items