PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:11 am
Cadaver (Gengar)
Item: Black Sludge
Nature: Impish
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
I almost always have Cadaver and Rocky up front, mainly because of the Earthquake/Levitate combo. I mainly use Cadaver as a Special Sweeper. Granted when she goes up against a Steel-type she's screwed in 1v1, but that's why Rocky's for in 2v2. Her moves don't exactly give me the ability to fight an opponent with resistance to two of them (Steel, the Dark/Ghost dual typing), but she still destroys foes with no resistance. Psychic for Poisons and Fightings, Sludge Bomb for the Grasses and Darks, Dark Pulse for Ghosts and Psychics, and Shadow Ball for a powerful STAB.

Rocky (Steelix)
Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Hasty
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb
Rocky, being part of the C&R duo, most oftenly uses Earthquake. But when alone, he's the Defensive Wall as well as the Offensive Sweeper. Can hold his own against his weaknesses, such as Typhlosions and Golems, but due to bad Speed, often gets burned anyway. If he lives, although, you're more than likely dead. Stone Edge for The Flyings and Bugs, EQ for a STAB against Fires, Rocks, and Electrics, Iron Tail for a STAB against Ices, and Rock Climb for Confusion chance and High Attack Power.

Rogue (Crobat)
Item: Sharp Beak
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Brave
- Cross Poison
- Confuse Ray
- Steel Wing
- Fly
Crobat's the Speed Demon. His Attack Stat also is higher than Rocky's, which makes him my fast, heavy hitter. His little array of moves makes up for what his counterpart can't take down. Using Fly is a priority, as he's with the R&R duo (Rogue and Radiator). Using Fly not only allows for a sure-fire OHKO on Pokemon weak to it, as well as either a OHKO or a 2HKO on ones that are neutral to it. Confuse Ray is used to distract Steel-types while he wittles away their health with Fly or Steel Wing. Steel Wing's also used to guard againsy Rock-Types. Cross Poison is for a STAB.

Radiator (Ampharos)
Item: King's Rock
Nature: Bashful
- Strength
- Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
The second of the R&R duo is Radiator. The problem he has is a very undiverse moveset. Power Gem allows for a quick sweep of Fires, Flyings, and Bugs, whereas Charge Beam and Discharge take out Flying and Water. He has no guard against Ground-types. But, when They're not there, he can stand tall. The normal combo is Charge Beam to bring up SP.Atk, then Discharge for complete devistation. When in 2v2, Discharge is used with Rogue's Fly for a deadly combo.

Croco (Feraligatr)
Item: Mystic Water
Nature: Timid
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse
Croco is one of the more diverse Pokemon I have, as well as the Dragon Slayer. Water Pulse will bring down Any Fires, Rocks, Grounds, and Steels, while Superpower is used for a hopefully quick KO to Electrics, Steels, and Darks. Aerial Ace takes out Grasses, Bugs, and Fighters, whereas Ice Beam can stop Flyings, Rocks, Dragons, and Grasses. His main point is for a quick sweep of anything the others can't beat.

Catalyst (Ninetales)
Item: Charcoal
Nature: Naive
- Dig
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
Cataclysm used to be part of the final team, C&C (Croco and Cataclysm), but that was before I got rid of Croco's Surf move. Now, he's Croco's Electric shield. Using Dig will stop most pesky Electrics before they can get to Croco. Another favorite is to use Confuse Ray for an atempt to stop them from using the Electric move in the first place. His strength, althogh, is also his weakness. Dig's a 2-turn move, so if a Rock- or Gound-Type happens to use Earthquake on the first turn, Cataclysm's dead on the spot. Flamethrower is a surprisingly good substitute to take out any Ground-Types while Dark Pulse can be used to take out Ghosts and Psychics if Cadaver is down.

I back again, this time with my team from SoulSilver. I still don't count EVs, but I tried to explain what each one does on my team. Right now, I'm just hoping that this team is batter than my one on Diamond.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:15 am
Charzinicor
Cadaver (Gengar)
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
I almost always have Cadaver and Rocky up front, mainly because of the Earthquake/Levitate combo. I mainly use Cadaver as a Special Sweeper. Granted when she goes up against a Steel-type she's screwed in 1v1, but that's why Rocky's for in 2v2. Her moves don't exactly give me the ability to fight an opponent with resistance to two of them (Steel, the Dark/Ghost dual typing), but she still destroys foes with no resistance. Psychic for Poisons and Fightings, Sludge Bomb for the Grasses and Darks, Dark Pulse for Ghosts and Psychics, and Shadow Ball for a powerful STAB.

sucks about the nature...anyway, dark pulse for hypnosis, and sludge bomb for focus blast

Rocky (Steelix)
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb
Rocky, being part of the C&R duo, most oftenly uses Earthquake. But when alone, he's the Defensive Wall as well as the Offensive Sweeper. Can hold his own against his weaknesses, such as Typhlosions and Golems, but due to bad Speed, often gets burned anyway. If he lives, although, you're more than likely dead. Stone Edge for The Flyings and Bugs, EQ for a STAB against Fires, Rocks, and Electrics, Iron Tail for a STAB against Ices, and Rock Climb for Confusion chance and High Attack Power.

iron head is more accurate than iron tail but the tail is stronger

Rogue (Crobat)
- Cross Poison
- Confuse Ray
- Steel Wing
- Fly
Crobat's the Speed Demon. His Attack Stat also is higher than Rocky's, which makes him my fast, heavy hitter. His little array of moves makes up for what his counterpart can't take down. Using Fly is a priority, as he's with the R&R duo (Rogue and Radiator). Using Fly not only allows for a sure-fire OHKO on Pokemon weak to it, as well as either a OHKO or a 2HKO on ones that are neutral to it. Confuse Ray is used to distract Steel-types while he wittles away their health with Fly or Steel Wing. Steel Wing's also used to guard againsy Rock-Types. Cross Poison is for a STAB.

its ok i guess

Radiator (Ampharos)
- Strength
- Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
The second of the R&R duo is Radiator. The problem he has is a very undiverse moveset. Power Gem allows for a quick sweep of Fires, Flyings, and Bugs, whereas Charge Beam and Discharge take out Flying and Water. He has no guard against Ground-types. But, when They're not there, he can stand tall. The normal combo is Charge Beam to bring up SP.Atk, then Discharge for complete devistation. When in 2v2, Discharge is used with Rogue's Fly for a deadly combo.

its fine

Croco (Feraligatr)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse
Croco is one of the more diverse Pokemon I have, as well as the Dragon Slayer. Water Pulse will bring down Any Fires, Rocks, Grounds, and Steels, while Superpower is used for a hopefully quick KO to Electrics, Steels, and Darks. Aerial Ace takes out Grasses, Bugs, and Fighters, whereas Ice Beam can stop Flyings, Rocks, Dragons, and Grasses. His main point is for a quick sweep of anything the others can't beat.

surf is so much better than water pulse even if you hit your partner on 2v2, but you dont fight that many 2v2's anyway, bad luck with the nature

Catalyst (Ninetales)
- Dig
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
Cataclysm used to be part of the final team, C&C (Croco and Cataclysm), but that was before I got rid of Croco's Surf move. Now, he's Croco's Electric shield. Using Dig will stop most pesky Electrics before they can get to Croco. Another favorite is to use Confuse Ray for an atempt to stop them from using the Electric move in the first place. His strength, althogh, is also his weakness. Dig's a 2-turn move, so if a Rock- or Gound-Type happens to use Earthquake on the first turn, Cataclysm's dead on the spot. Flamethrower is a surprisingly good substitute to take out any Ground-Types while Dark Pulse can be used to take out Ghosts and Psychics if Cadaver is down.

meh its a fire type go fig

I back again, this time with my team from SoulSilver. I still don't count EVs, but I tried to explain what each one does on my team. Right now, I'm just hoping that this team is batter than my one on Diamond.

lilharper

Devoted Lover

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500

klonoa1205

Hilarious Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 pm
Charzinicor
Cadaver (Gengar)
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball

Rocky (Steelix)
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb

Rogue (Crobat)
- Cross Poison
- Confuse Ray
- Steel Wing
- Fly

Radiator (Ampharos)
- Strength
- Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Discharge

Croco (Feraligatr)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse

Catalyst (Ninetales)
- Dig
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

this is really good, but your feraligatr has a higher base of atk. so water pulse wouldn't be too reliable. teach it surf instead, or waterfall becuase it has a chance of flinching, *prefer waterfall*, and ice beam is also good since it has a base damage of 95 and 100% accuracy, but ice punch would probably be better because feraligatr does have a higher base attack in him.

ampharos would probably go better with signal beam instead of power gem. but it can go either way.

i had that same combo for crobat but a little different. it was togetic with fly, attract, toxic, and confuse ray. I think crobat can learn u turn instead of steel wing, but steel wing is good for type coverage. staraptor would've been better to have since it can learn close combat. but crobat is faster and has a high attack so stick with him :3

Ninetales has a good set you should stick with it, but you can switch confuse ray with protect since one pokemon already does confuse. protect is good because you won't have to worry about being hit by an earthquake, if they do use it. and for double battle it can save itself from being hit by your own earthquake from your steelix.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm
klonoa1205
Charzinicor
Cadaver (Gengar)
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball

Rocky (Steelix)
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb

Rogue (Crobat)
- Cross Poison
- Confuse Ray
- Steel Wing
- Fly

Radiator (Ampharos)
- Strength
- Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Discharge

Croco (Feraligatr)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse

Catalyst (Ninetales)
- Dig
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

this is really good, but your feraligatr has a higher base of atk. so water pulse wouldn't be too reliable. teach it surf instead, or waterfall becuase it has a chance of flinching, *prefer waterfall*, and ice beam is also good since it has a base damage of 95 and 100% accuracy, but ice punch would probably be better because feraligatr does have a higher base attack in him.

ampharos would probably go better with signal beam instead of power gem. but it can go either way.

i had that same combo for crobat but a little different. it was togetic with fly, attract, toxic, and confuse ray. I think crobat can learn u turn instead of steel wing, but steel wing is good for type coverage. staraptor would've been better to have since it can learn close combat. but crobat is faster and has a high attack so stick with him :3

Ninetales has a good set you should stick with it, but you can switch confuse ray with protect since one pokemon already does confuse. protect is good because you won't have to worry about being hit by an earthquake, if they do use it. and for double battle it can save itself from being hit by your own earthquake from your steelix.

Well, that's the thing, Klonoa, Croco's Timid Nature kills its Attack and instead ups it Sp.Def. Because of this, Physical moves, such as Ice Punch and Waterfall, don't do nearly as much as they should.  

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:20 pm
Timid boosts speed. And I would just recomend getting new natures for your Pokemon. None of them have a nature which benefits them. Especially poor ol' Gengar.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:23 pm
gamefreak41495
Timid boosts speed. And I would just recomend getting new natures for your Pokemon. None of them have a nature which benefits them. Especially poor ol' Gengar.

Yeah, I know, but they got me through Red at a relitively lower level. But the thing is that dispite Gengar's Nature, she still holds the Highest Sp. Atk out of all of them, and I've managed with Croco's bad Attack somehow.  

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100

lilharper

Devoted Lover

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 pm
lol  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:24 pm
Charzinicor
gamefreak41495

Yeah, I know, but they got me through Red at a relitively lower level. But the thing is that dispite Gengar's Nature, she still holds the Highest Sp. Atk out of all of them, and I've managed with Croco's bad Attack somehow.

That's because Gengar has an incredible Base SpAtk. Much higher than all the other stats its got. Even with the drop it's still pretty high. And Gatr's Bast Atk is still higher than its SpAtk even with the 10% drop.  

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:27 pm
gamefreak41495
Charzinicor
gamefreak41495

That's because Gengar has an incredible Base SpAtk. Much higher than all the other stats its got. Even with the drop it's still pretty high. And Gatr's Bast Atk is still higher than its SpAtk even with the 10% drop.

Actually, Croco's Attack is either his lowest stat or his second lowest, being higher than Speed.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:38 pm
Charzinicor
gamefreak41495
Charzinicor
gamefreak41495

Actually, Croco's Attack is either his lowest stat or his second lowest, being higher than Speed.

Well, I was speaking Base Stats. Due to IVs and the odd EV distribution from normal game playthrough, it is possible for its Atk to end up lower than the other stats.  

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items