Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violent Horrorshow!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:25 pm
What do you mean by "Pagan Fluffy?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:11 pm
There are a half dozen threads on this already, but hey- it's late, I got nothing better to do- it all boils down to Willful Ignorance.

Most people come onto the Pagan Scene with delusions of taking up a Billion Year Old Faith that the eB!L X!aNz tried to supress- but never could because the religion was true strong.

And, upon being informed that this is not the case, that Wicca is a new religion, that one cannot self initiate into Wicca, that even the Recon faiths are "new"- they call the non-fluffies liers and say we're being intolerant and throw a huff and storm off to maintain their delusion.

No one in the scene for any length of time expects someone who is new to know everything. Most are more than willing to answer questions when they can, and are very willing to provide sources for you to look into.

The clash comes when instead of learning, new pagans insist that their Revisionist History is accurate and condemn the people who know more about the subject for being "like the eB!L X!aNz".

That is a fluffy. Anything else is just cotton candy in the open wound.  

TeaDidikai

Starlock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:20 pm
I'd say everyone's 'willfully ignorant' of something. stare

Used to be a fluffy was someone who had their head in the clouds too much and was in it for the fad. That's how I'd use it... if I used it, which I do not. To me calling someone fluffy ammounts to calling them a f*****t or a ******... it's impolite. It's one thing to correct someone for misinformation... but sometimes I see it used as a device to push opinions onto others instead of conveying correct information. Frankly, people have a right to believe whatever they want. If they listen, good, if they don't, good. Not everyone has lenses to see as you see the world, nor should they. As Neopagans, I'd like to think the community knows a little something about the benefits of diversity. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:09 am
Starlock
I'd say everyone's 'willfully ignorant' of something. stare

I am not and nothing you say can change my mind.
I am absolutely, 100% of the time, in all circumstances always right especially when I'm wrong.
XP  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Violent Horrorshow!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:38 am
I see.
Thank you. 3nodding

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center