Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
Why is it.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:48 pm
People waste their time trying to be "cool"? And why does everyone want to be unique? The more you try to be unique, the less unique and legit you are.... and what is the point of being unique if you are being just as bad as a mundane by not expressing or being who you are? If someone is boring, they should be proud of it instead of trying to pretend they are intersting. If someone is a prep, they should be proud of it and not go around trying to be an alternative. If someone is an alternative, they should not go around trying to be normal. If it makes you happy to be someone else, or if you are that way because you would in all honesty like to BE that person, like a gay person who pretends being straight because they would like to be, do what makes you happy. Because if you want to be that person, you honestly want to, go on ahead. But I am sick of posers and people going around calling themselves "goth" or "prep" when they have no idea what in the world "Goth" actually is, and the "preps" go to a public school and live in a trailer park! Real preps go to prep school and are from rich family and wear all Calvin Klein and other deisnger brands, not stuff you can get at your local mall or knock-off prep/gangster store! In all reality, you could be a REAL prep and also be a REAL goth, emo, or punk at the same time.

This is my rant of the day heart -points out- Don't pretend to be something your not. If you want to change it, change it. But next time you see someone who calls themselves something like a "prep" when they are not, or "emo" when they are not, or "punk" when they are not, or "goth" when they are not.... do us all a favor: kindly educate them. Before you educate them, educate yourself, so you pass on accurate information to the poor misinformed souls of the class of different cliques and subcultures.

That's all I have to say.

So, go on ahead. Comment, make statements, tell us about your lives and experiences, how you got into being what you are, what you are, and so on. Were you a poser, or are you? Most of us I am sure have been posers at one point, and God bless those of us who made it out of that stage alive and onto the real thing (prays for people who don't, then goes on).

So yeah..... whatever you guys have to post, I should like to hear it 3nodding thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Wow, that was a well thought out speech indeed. Now in my life I haven't been really anything because of the fact I kept to myself and talked to no one. People used to call me goth for that fact and many others like i used to like to wear chains and all black(still do wear all black) but only because it was my favorite color (Its not technically a color, more of a shade). Now that im more open and talk to people, im no longer called that by people who know me but more so by strangers. And I would agree with you, im not a fan of people who pretend to be someone there not. I've been through rough patches in my life and I guess it reflects on the outside, telling people im not a nice person in which I am. I love making friends and talking to people. So when someone gets the wrong impression of me I always prove them wrong. So its not much of me pretending (Which im not) Its of the outside world pretending, they just dont understand.  

Sylvia Noble
Crew

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces