Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 am
Lol I forgot about this thread.. xd

I did end up finding out how to check legitness of caught shinies.
I had someone else check out the stats and such for my Cress, turns out it was a hack because there was no valid PID for it's IVs/Nature combo that would make it shiny. Bugger >.<

I decided to put it in storage and use a normal Cress in my team instead xd Didn't get to the tourny though, transport fell through of all things! Oh well smile At least I know now.

I don't bother with the GTS anyway >.< I never know what I'd end up with so I'd rather just trade normally. I wont be trading away any of my shinies, since they were all traded to me, until I've checked whether they're real or not. I wouldn't want to unknowingly scam anyone gonk

The only legit shinies I know I have are my event ones, Eevee (Glaceon), Pichu, Milotic, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 am
Awwh bless well erm you can look the pokemon up on bulbapedia, and on there it tells you all the stats of a pokemon like all the moves it learns through leveling up, through breeding, through move tutor and what HMS/TMS it can learn and it has the amount of pp aswell so like you can check your pokemon to see if the moves are right and the pp, normally just by that you can tell whether it is hacked or not.

Hope this helped ^-^  

Kayulzz

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:35 am
Thanks, I use Serebii a lot ^^ There was nothing else visable that suggested it was hacked; all of its moves were fine, it's stats were normal, etc. which is why I was asking if anyone knew how to check them. It takes more to find out if it's a hack when the ONLY thing that was hacked was its shininess.

The main way to check for hacked caught (not bred) shinies is to use a PID calculator to see if there's a legitimate shiny PID for your pokemon's IVs and Nature combo. For example, a shiny Cresselia would have to have a certain combination of IVs for the Nature that it is, in order for it to be shiny. So if you enter its IVs, nature and SID into the calculator, and it comes out with "No PID found for these..." then it's a hacked shiny, because it'd be impossible for it to have those IVs/Nature AND be shiny at the same time.

It's confusing, but it works ^^;; I got myself a calculator so now I can check any pokemon I recieve in a trade smile

TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff