Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
Who's your favorite visual artist?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:28 pm
I couldn't find a thread about it here, so I though I'd make one.

I'm a huge fan of Dave McKean, who is best known for his work on the Arkham Asylum graphic novel, some Sandman imagery, and on the film Mirrormask.

His work is very colorful, beautiful, and intricate, but also dark and sometimes vaguely disturbing.

His official site -> http://www.mckean-art.co.uk/

Now, who's yours?  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm
I've got tons.

Banksy, Ewok, Seen, Weeno -- To name the graffiti artists.
As for others?
Daniel Bombardier (DENIAL), M.C. Escher

(The first is local, I'm more into graffiti and local art in my city).  

SADERR

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 pm
Clayton Crain, Steve Dillon, Andy Troy, Mark Buckingham, Sana Takeda(particularly his work on Ms. Marvel), Olivier Coipel, Roberto De La Torre, Chris Bachalo, John Romita Jr., David Lloyd, Steve McNiven, J.G. Jones, David Mazzucchelli, Frank Miller, the aforementioned Dave McKean, Jill Thompson, Doug Wheatley, Dan Brown(especially his work on Ghost Rider), and I could go on and on...

"Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth.User Image
Don't take it personally, thank your father."
-Char Aznable

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Ray Villafane Villafane Studios The guy is an insane pumpkin carver and the rest of his sculptures are just grand.
...and Simone Legno.....I love toki doki  

Hyena_Queen

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:45 pm
Miyavi  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:59 pm
So I've been doing a lot of research on the lowbrow art movement....the list of artists I admire has grown immensely because of that...Shag, Camille Rose Garcia, Rhyden to name a few. A friend of mine gave me a copy of juxtapoz and the last gasp catalog....amazing stuff.  

Hyena_Queen

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 am
Mark Ryden, Salvador Dali, and even though this might be a bit stereo typical, Victoria Francess. Oh, and the unpop art movement also have a lot of cool pieces.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:29 pm
doom1000
Mark Ryden, Salvador Dali, and even though this might be a bit stereo typical, Victoria Francess. Oh, and the unpop art movement also have a lot of cool pieces.

I'm sorry could you please repeat, and maybe elaborate on that?  

Xahmen

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Zahmen II
doom1000

I would give you a warning for trolling Zahmen, but it is possible you are just an idiot. The parts of doom1000's post you made bold are obviously not meant to be taken together. The post should be read as:

doom1000

Which makes perfect sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 am
zz1000zz
Zahmen II
doom1000

I would give you a warning for trolling Zahmen, but it is possible you are just an idiot. The parts of doom1000's post you made bold are obviously not meant to be taken together. The post should be read as:

doom1000

Flaming.  

Xahmen

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:43 pm
Zahmen II
zz1000zz
Zahmen II
doom1000

doom1000

Flaming.

Are you suggesting someone is flamboyantly gay?

I only ask because I am trying hard to find excuses for your posts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 pm
zz1000zz
Zahmen II
zz1000zz
Zahmen II
doom1000

doom1000

Flaming.

Are you suggesting someone is flamboyantly gay?

I only ask because I am trying hard to find excuses for your posts.

Speaking of gay, are you two going to make out already or what?  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 am
Patrick Woodroffe is one of my all time favorites, Kieth Thompson is also an excellent illustrator, and Kris Kuski is a magnificently morbid and detailed sculptor and artist.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games