Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Ice/Lighting , fire/ poison or Cleric?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Axel Number Vlll

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm
Well I made to lvl 30 but now I can't decide, tho Cleric's saves alot of money and ice and fire mage have cool attacks but I still cannot decide :/  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 am
I was faced with this challenge as well.

Ice/Lightning level very very fast.
Faster than the other two. However, in 3rd and 4th job, they fall behind fire and ice, though it's debatable with some.

Fire/Poison is fun, but you are going to be stuck with one attack for 40 levels. Poison is basically useless until 3rd job, then you can wreck an entire maps worth and level very quickly.

With clerics, you have the advantages of an I/L mage in the sense that you can attack multiple enemies, but only undead/zombie creatures.

Clerics, like you know, can also heal themselves, and that ends up being a huge money saver.

Clerics also get into group much much easier than any other class. In the long run, I'd say cleric is your best bet. 3rd job Clerics have epic moves, and 4th job, whoa, don't even get me started, pure awesome.

Good luck to you though, in the end it comes down to preference. Either way, you'll still be a kick a** mage.  

Y Link

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am
Well, first if your gonna go solo, don't go cleric, solo clerics are out there but are harder to level than party clerics, by a long shot.

I/L is good, but is expensive, Lightning will drain you even with MP Eater, Ice will freeze things which is great though, and 3rd you get a mobbing ice skill, and your thunder attack is the most powerful in 3rd job mages.

F/P is the hardest 2nd job, most pick fire arrow, though thruthfully, poison brace is good also(gotta know how to use it though, and you need slow). With that being said, 3rd job you get awesome skills, none "all powerful" but mobbing skills always rock in this game.

4th job ArchMages pretty much are the same.

Clerics are the best, they are the class that can't really get outdone(skills wise, like how blaze wiz out performs I/L & F/P) because each new job comes with better skills, 2nd job you get Heal, Invincible, and other skills(can't remember the other skill, the all around buff that warriors will bow down to you to cast on them.) than 3rd you get the almighty Holy Symbol, which earns you more exp for nothing, you get a dragon, and a portal(doom is useless though.) Than 4th job, Genesis, Resurrect, the best skill in the game(to me), revives one person at the cost of 30 min. down time(at max.)

However, the bad thing about clerics is unless the enemy is undead, you don't get to attack much and you will be using Magic Claw till 3rd job, and during boss runs, if you attack instead of heal or dispel, you could get someone killed, which is never good for ample reasons.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:09 pm
Well, cleric used to be the obvious choice but now that leech has been reduced the advantage in 4th job really isn't so great.

I've made all 3 up to 70 (or 131 for cleric) and my experiences were:
Cleric: Spam heal or be called a noob. Even if you outdamage the rest of your party (I was lukless and well equipped) if you bother attacking anything in pq, they will insult you. You are expected to be a slave forever.At 3rd job your BL will be full of people who want you only to be their personal lhs slave. At 4th job your BL will be full of people who want you only to be their personal leech slave. Despite many people calling this the "best" class, it seems that most people are ruder to clerics and/or generally take advantage of them.
I/L: Now that leech has been reduced, I really wish I'd stuck this one out instead of making a Bishop. I'm leveling this now, and its so fun. You get a nice AOE skill in 2nd job, and can freeze things. Ice made doing Maze PQ much easier than on my other 2 chars, because it freezes the tauromascis and reduced the hp pot burn a lot.
F/P: Slow slow slowwww compared to the other two, mainly due to lack of an effective AOE skill. I've heard some rumors that nexon is going to do a balancing patch that will make fire arrow hit multiples, but until then it's probably the most boring up until 3rd job. You do get a lot of compliments for picking a unique class, but IMO it didn't really make up for how slowly I leveled. If my F/P hadn't been so darned cute, I probably would have quit around level 40.

Conclusion: I slightly prefer I/L over the other two.  

We Have A Winnar

Breadist

Writer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 pm
I am a lvl 200 Bishop in Khaini.

I think Bishop is still the best choice for a magician. Despite everybody saying that there are too many Bishops, a lot of them are selling overpriced leech or are arrogant because everybody wants them in party. If you love helping other people, there is no better class suited for you than Bishop. However, what the poster above me is saying is true as well, and there will be people that want to take advantage of you as a Bishop. I personally dealt with this by making friends who actually value my friendship, and not maintaining friendships with people that just wanted me for leech or the high experience in party.

Bishop is very good because you have a ton of useful skills, are good both for bossing and for training, (other mages need very good connections to get into good bossing parties, and they cannot do as much as attackers,) and even once you reach lvl 200 as Bishop you still have plenty to do. Bishops have heal, bless, holy symbol, door, dispel, holy shield and resurrection, so you can contribute something in any situation in Maple. Heal + mp eater means that from early 2nd job until you go to Himes, you are burning no money on pots. You are also the only mage that has invincible, which is 30% less damage. (And you have elemental resistance too.) In terms of power, Bishops are weaker than AMs, but with time you will 1hko skeles, and at that point it's fair sailing to 200. By the way, leeching currently works so that you WANT one leecher if you're with a training partner, and 2 leechers if you're soloing. Rather than taking XP away from you, the leechers actually ADD experience. If you are uncomfortable with selling leech, (I always have been,) just take friends for free or in exchange for a bit of pot money.

If you are worried about the expense of a mage, just go lukless. I played lukless from 1-131 with a 2 dex 8 slot bathrobe, a 2 str 6 slot stolen fence, and a 3 below average clean black umbrella, (I had no other gear,) and still managed to be a strong player. My lukless bishop friend had some of the godliest equips on our server. When I was lvl 187 and he was lvl 188, I compared our MP, he only had 1000 mp more than me, despite him having the godliest gear, and me having no gear at all for a lot of my maple life. Gear for lukless is not nearly as important as for attackers or luk mages. Bishop also requires 1/2 the potions of the other mage classes -- Gen 30 costs 3500 mp, whereas Bliz or Meteo 30 costs 7000 per shot.

The one thing NOT recommending Bishop is the price of its ultimate book. Gen 30 costs hundreds of millions of mesos, and it's a lot in MTS. I've known people that failed as many as 8 Gen 30s before passing one. In contrast, Meteo 30 costs almost nothing and Blizzard 30, at least in my server, is reasonably priced. You can achieve your strongest level of ultimate much faster as a mage than as a bishop. The difference between Gen 20 and Gen 30 is 50 magic attack, so unless you have very good equips or are sufficiently well funded to buy multiple Gen 30s, you need to be prepared to do less damage until you can somehow get a book.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm
I have played all three, Ice/Lighting is the most fun but if your playing with others and intend to game with your friends in a group go with Cleric. ^_^  

Teh Puppet Queen

jess!ca

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm
i have a lvl 151 bishop and 152 i/l atm and i can say this bishops are boring i only made one to leech and was really supposed to be an hs mule..they are most wanted in partys and for leech but other then that..your a effin slave..leech me,hs me,door me,heal me, dispel me...so dam boring..with the new gallos map i say i/l is faster to lvl up.

so overall

cleric : slave
f/p and i/l : fun solo class that has cool skill but no one really wants in partys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm
NightOfBerry
i prefer cleric.i have a lv147 bishop in cassopia PS: i play in MS sea. well,when u heals a person,u'll gain exp too.for me,cleric is the most easy-ist job to lv up(once u become a priest) thats my suggestion.cleric attack may be n00b but its very easy to play.i love cleric forever ^^ eventhough i changed to sin now sweatdrop align=center]
ever made a cleric in the real maple?? and not a private server?where its easy?  

jess!ca

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Hi Im Ezi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 pm
I personally like the I/L mage.
PS: Clerics/Priests/Bishops are overused.

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games