Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
~*~ snow, glass, apples ~*~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea Marguerite

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:22 pm
Hello everyone, my name is Tea Marguerite but you can just call me Tea.

This will be mostly an exercise journal. I'm recovering from an eating disorder, and it would trigger me to count calories or to list all the foods that I eat during a day, because then the next day I'll want to eat less and less until I'm eating like 200 calories a day.

Instead, I am going to count reps and weights that I do, to build strength instead.

I am also not going to count pounds lost, or at least not obsess over it. That is also triggering to me. I am going to go by dress size. I am a size 16 now. I would like to be a size 8. Considering that I'm 5'8'', this is a reasonable goal. Any thinner and it would be dangerous for me. I am going by the sizes in the Gap because that's like the only store where I buy pants, and trying to be a size 8 in 10 different stores would be too confusing. So Gap size 8 it is!

And now I'm off to a hip hop dance class!

Current size:

*8*  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:05 am
Hi!
I have seen you around... we are in similar guilds (i have a mule) and once you wrote to me to move a thread biggrin
Anyway...i just want to wish you good luck! Its proven that working out tones the muscles and helps with the weight, and well it IS healthier than counting calories (specially if you can easily get obsessed with it), so really you should be proud of yourself. Good luck!  

Lainauriel

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:14 am
Congratulations and good luck, we're all cheering you on. : )  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 am
Yay! Is the title from the Neil Gaiman story?  

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25

Tea Marguerite

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:43 pm
Thanks everyone.

And yes, Gossy, the title is from the Neil Gaiman story. I'm cosplaying as the good queen with the poisoned apple. blaugh

Today for my exercise I didn't get to go to the gym, but I did walk around the mall for an hour with friends. I also used my weighted hula hoop for ten minutes.

Tomorrow I hope to try out my hip-hop bellydancing DVD that I rented from Netflix. Hopefully it's fun!  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm
Friday I got up early to go to a Zumba class. However, the focus was on a lot of jumping which I can't do because of knee injuries so I left and went to work on the elliptical.

I tried this new exercise that I heard of on nowloss.com. You go as hard as you can for ten seconds, then you stop for ten seconds, then you go for ten seconds, etc. You do this for five to twenty minutes. I set a goal for myself to do it for three minutes. That seemed reasonable. I was able to do it for seven minutes. Then I started to get tired so I worked out at a moderate pace for fifteen more minutes. Then I did some weights. There's one tricep machine that I always use. I started on 25lbs. Now I'm up to 35/40lb. That's a pretty big difference. And then I used a row machine. Not an actual rowing machine, just a weight machine.

Today I slept in a car for seven hours on the way to Buffalo, NY for a family reunion. I got a little exercise in by walking around the mall for forty minutes with some cousins and my brother.

I hope to get back to a more normal workout routine tomorrow. I'm going to aim for ten minutes on my ten/ten and then fifteen more minutes at a moderate pace. Then I want to do my bellydancing workout as well which I haven't done yet because things like therapy, packing for Buffalo, and going to Buffalo have gotten in the way. mad  

Tea Marguerite

Tea Marguerite

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:53 pm
So I dd my belly dance workout for twenty minutes, and I have to say, it definitely wasn't much of a workout. The only thing that really hurt were my arms, from keeping them above my head for so long. The name of it was Hip Drop, Hip Hop. I would not recommend this DVD for anyone except a very beginner.

Next I'm getting the Bollywood Dance Workout and Carmen Electra's Hip Hop. Hooray for Netflix!

So I did that today and I did some exercises with a broom to get rid of my love handles that I found on nowloss.com. I also did over 100 situps while watching a movie. I'm going to put an episode of Futurama on, and use my weighted hula hoop for the entire episode. And then I will sleep and go to Zumba tomorrow!

EDIT: Managed to make it through the entire episode! Hooray for me!  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:40 am
Congrats on making it through the whole episode! I wish I could, haha, but I'm not coordinated enough to hula-hoop with even a light one. x) Hope you're feeling well today, and thanks for the info on the workouts, it's always appreciated! <3  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:28 pm
Augh. I need to get a hula hoop sooo badly. I can't even do it for 10 minutes straight (but I love every minute.)  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games