Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn to Become a Literate Role-Player

Back to Guilds

This guild is for those new to RPing who wish to expand their abilites and become Literate Role-Players! 

Tags: Role Playing, Learn, Literate, RPing, Writing 

Reply zOMG!
Looking to further my own skill in literacy with my roleplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:23 pm
★★
♡のⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡
Hello all. I'm AlBhedSycdan, and I have been a roleplayer for nearly a year now. Started as one of these:
My Original Style: An Excerpt
*smiles, hugging her* It'll be okay. I promise. I'd never leave.

to this:
My Updated Style: An Excerpt
His hair blew gently in the wind, as he embraced her close to his body. "I would never leave you..." Haru said, his voice brimming with a tone that could only hint at honesty. "So don't worry... If I say I'm staying, I'm staying." A confident grin filled his face as he looked down to her dark chocolate-colored eyes.

I changed my style because I found I too was a literate roleplayer by nature. However, I'm still unsatisfied with my roleplaying style, as I feel it can be enhanced, however I'm not sure as to how. So anyone who can give me advice, tips, or other bits of help, please do. However, the only thing I will not do is multi-para, as this takes too much time to type. I also will not do one-liners, as these are too dull for responses.

♡のⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡
★★

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:17 am
The only thing that I would suggest would be to try to get more than one thing done with each post.

Your updated style is decent to say the least, but as I stated before, try to do more than one thing in each post, so instead of just hugging and saying something, expand on what you want to do or advance just a bit further. I've found myself doing what you're doing when I first started RPing.

TryThisInstead
His hair flowed gently with the wind as he embraced her close to his body. "I--," he paused for a second to consider if he really felt the emotions he was about to expressed. He continued, "I would never leave you... I swear..." His quivering voice gave away how nervous he was, but the look in his eyes showed how heartfelt his words were. He clenched her hands and gazed into her dark chocolate-colored eyes. "So please... Don't worry... If I say I'm staying, I'm staying..." His voice trailed off as the last word left his lips. He smiled and looked at the girl once more. "I won't ever leave you... I promise..."

Another suggestion would be to keep a notebook and while waiting around or trying to fall asleep, just take that notebook out and try to write up your RP post before hand. I tend to do this for higher level RPs, so depending on the situation and the time restraints, keeping an RP notebook wouldn't be a bad idea.  

FebruaryLiege
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:42 am
I see. This was just a quick excerpt; my posts actually get more than this done, and are usually between 8-10 sentences long, minus the dialogue. This was just a quick comparison of my styles, both old and new.

As for advice, that is good idea when it comes to the RP notebook. To be honest, I do that at times, but only during the major RPs.

And I lol'd at your sig.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:15 pm
If you would like, I would enjoy a one on one role play of your choice. I could coach you if you wish. I would like to broaden my horizons as a mod, I am learning just like you. XD

If you want to role play with me, send me a PM. We can talk about that then.  

Silver-Lined Clouds
Crew

Familiar Genius

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250

FebruaryLiege
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:34 pm
I'm glad someone finally took it as a joke lol.
As far as the notebook goes, take your time. When I get down to my uber serious RP's it can get quite tedious. One of my posts took up quite a few pages (most of which I lost to be honest razz ) and I never really got around to posting it razz . So try to keep stuff in order and organized.
I wouldn't mind seeing a full RP post of yours. Mind if I ask for a sample?  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:18 am
Well, if either of you wish to roleplay to see my capabilities, could one of you send a starter? Any genre is fine with me.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

FebruaryLiege
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 am
I'll be quite busy for the remainder of the month as I am graduating on the 29th. I will try to squeeze in an RP or two into my time. Would you like a prompt so you know the general story or would you rather have an actual starting post?  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 am
Either will do; take your time. I understand the frustrations of graduation and the time it takes to actually get everything in order. :3

Also, I want to start a group roleplay for Full Metal Alchemist. Is anyone interested?  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
zOMG!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items