Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
*lights a candle for Enterprise* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorhrok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:01 pm
There's only so many plots an episode can take, y'know. Basically any storyline imagineable has been done, the only thing to change is how the characters react.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:22 pm
Lorhrok
There's only so many plots an episode can take, y'know. Basically any storyline imagineable has been done, the only thing to change is how the characters react.
they haven't done Klingon yet  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

MagnusHansen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:26 pm
I wasn't the biggest Enterprise fan either, but it was very sad to see that it didn't live up to the 7 seaons that the other Treks have. (Save TOS that is)

For one, Enterprise was on a declining network anyway. And the people who usualy watch UPN don't like Enterprise, and people who like Star Trek usualy don't like UPN. That network was fine when Voyager was on, and started to decline in the 6th or 7th season of Voyager... on top of the fact that there are only 2 good shows on UPN right now; and they don't come on until 12:30am...

So, yeah, just because Enterprise was fairly obscure doesn't mean that they should've canceled it.

Stupid ******** people scream Stupid ******** people who can't appreciate half decent writing! ******** them! ******** them all!

(Yes, I do have some anger issues to work past... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:40 pm
scream Thats is all I am going to say. It was suppose to be a 7 year mission and it went for what 2 sesaons!  

LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Ken5hachan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 pm
-Prepare..for the ENT rant-

T'Pol and the fact that she defied every precedent set down that defined the Vulcan race for the past 40 years, was more then enough to make me hate Enterprise, but it wasn't all that created my hatred.
Oh, I watched it, but that because I felt I had a duty to. Every time it's on, even now, I'll watch it, because its Star Trek, and I love Star Trek..but in all honesty, ENT wasn't Star Trek..it was a soap opera in space by the time it was over. Drama and angst are not what ST was about, since TOS, the very concept of the series is that man actually grew up! Doesn't seem that way in ENT.
First of all, the very idea of ENT was bad to begin with. It was iconoclastic, yes, but Star Trek should always be going forward, ENT went back.
Now, we're looking at pre-federation here. Do you know how incredibly awsome they could have made that? But, they didn't, ENT was boring. There was very little action and adventure, it was superseded by angst and drama. The founding of the Federation could have been incredibly exciteing, but again, all of it was platitudinous.
You know, I dont care if there's a relationship going on betwee two of the characters, in fact, I enjoy it, but you have to hint at it. The reason why it worked in TOS is because there was never any permanent commitment between Kirk and his sexy alien women. Even in TNG, the relationships between Picard and Crusher or Riker and Troi were only hinted at, or in small amount. They weren't so exorbitant that the character dynamics took up large portions of the series. Thats what made them interesting. In ENT, the romantic relationships just dragged on and on in one long incredibly unbroken strand without end till they became so ungodly tiedous, I felt like ripping my eyes out of their sockets.
Oh, speaking of teidious, could we have done with a little less Xindi? I think so.
ENT was also far too preachy. The things that were great about TOS is that, well, among so many other things; it was always light hearted, even when the ship was in danger or a red shirt was being vaporized; and it almost always had a message/punch line which wrapped up the episode well. ENT also had punch lines..but sometimes it would take 2-3 episodes for them to get to it. Also, the messages weren't hidden, and the little connotations relating to problems in our time like in TOS, were blatantly obvious in ENT. It was just excessively preaching up its own arse to the point it was literally, sickening.

If ENT would have had some better writers who had...Hmm.. even seen one episode of Star Trek before writing a screenplay for it, then perhaps it would have turned out better then it did. But, they didn't have writers who knew anything about the franchise half the time, which is why you have characters like T'Pol who just totally destroyed what Vulcans were supposed to be. You know, on T'khasi, those who do not follow IDIC are often outcast from sosciety, ie, Sybok. If T'pol was going to show such a complete lack of control over her emotions, and what I consider to be disregard for stoicism, then it should have been clearly stated that she was an outcast.

Enterprise destroyed Star Trek. The fanchiese has been declining since about half way through Deep Space Nine, and in all honesty..since the end of TNG. Enterprise was just the one last stab in the back to kill the series, and now, even with the reboot rumors being denied, it doesn't look like Paramount has any intention of going back to what Star Trek used to be.

Enterprise ending, really was a mercy killing, sorry, but it was. I was glad to see it be put out of its misery, because, it really was in pain. It was just a bad series, lets face it. It was like... 5 years of "Spock's Brain" episodes, and it didn't improve, the only thing that changed is it went from lots of dedicated ENT fans in the very beginning, to a small number of survivors who were able to withstand year after year of suckage.
Sorry if thats offensive to anyone, but that is my honest opinion. I don't mean to be rude, but I have to be honest.
-End rant-  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:23 am
Drizzzzzt
Good riddance Enterprise is over.

They just kept rehashing the same themes from Voyager which they rehashed the same themes from Next Generation series.

THANK YOU!!!!! That's SO true! Sending one ship off to a place where they have no allies, no means of help, and to explore the unkown all alone! VOYAGER RIP OFF ANYONE?!?!?

I agree. Farewell Enterprise. You never should have existed.  

Odin Von Dursfel

Olafmikli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:23 am
Kenshachan
-Prepare..for the ENT rant-

T'Pol and the fact that she defied every precedent set down that defined the Vulcan race for the past 40 years, was more then enough to make me hate Enterprise, but it wasn't all that created my hatred.
Oh, I watched it, but that because I felt I had a duty to. Every time it's on, even now, I'll watch it, because its Star Trek, and I love Star Trek..but in all honesty, ENT wasn't Star Trek..it was a soap opera in space by the time it was over. Drama and angst are not what ST was about, since TOS, the very concept of the series is that man actually grew up! Doesn't seem that way in ENT.
First of all, the very idea of ENT was bad to begin with. It was iconoclastic, yes, but Star Trek should always be going forward, ENT went back.
Now, we're looking at pre-federation here. Do you know how incredibly awsome they could have made that? But, they didn't, ENT was boring. There was very little action and adventure, it was superseded by angst and drama. The founding of the Federation could have been incredibly exciteing, but again, all of it was platitudinous.
You know, I dont care if there's a relationship going on betwee two of the characters, in fact, I enjoy it, but you have to hint at it. The reason why it worked in TOS is because there was never any permanent commitment between Kirk and his sexy alien women. Even in TNG, the relationships between Picard and Crusher or Riker and Troi were only hinted at, or in small amount. They weren't so exorbitant that the character dynamics took up large portions of the series. Thats what made them interesting. In ENT, the romantic relationships just dragged on and on in one long incredibly unbroken strand without end till they became so ungodly tiedous, I felt like ripping my eyes out of their sockets.
Oh, speaking of teidious, could we have done with a little less Xindi? I think so.
ENT was also far too preachy. The things that were great about TOS is that, well, among so many other things; it was always light hearted, even when the ship was in danger or a red shirt was being vaporized; and it almost always had a message/punch line which wrapped up the episode well. ENT also had punch lines..but sometimes it would take 2-3 episodes for them to get to it. Also, the messages weren't hidden, and the little connotations relating to problems in our time like in TOS, were blatantly obvious in ENT. It was just excessively preaching up its own arse to the point it was literally, sickening.

If ENT would have had some better writers who had...Hmm.. even seen one episode of Star Trek before writing a screenplay for it, then perhaps it would have turned out better then it did. But, they didn't have writers who knew anything about the franchise half the time, which is why you have characters like T'Pol who just totally destroyed what Vulcans were supposed to be. You know, on T'khasi, those who do not follow IDIC are often outcast from sosciety, ie, Sybok. If T'pol was going to show such a complete lack of control over her emotions, and what I consider to be disregard for stoicism, then it should have been clearly stated that she was an outcast.

Enterprise destroyed Star Trek. The fanchiese has been declining since about half way through Deep Space Nine, and in all honesty..since the end of TNG. Enterprise was just the one last stab in the back to kill the series, and now, even with the reboot rumors being denied, it doesn't look like Paramount has any intention of going back to what Star Trek used to be.

Enterprise ending, really was a mercy killing, sorry, but it was. I was glad to see it be put out of its misery, because, it really was in pain. It was just a bad series, lets face it. It was like... 5 years of "Spock's Brain" episodes, and it didn't improve, the only thing that changed is it went from lots of dedicated ENT fans in the very beginning, to a small number of survivors who were able to withstand year after year of suckage.
Sorry if thats offensive to anyone, but that is my honest opinion. I don't mean to be rude, but I have to be honest.
-End rant-
What she said.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:29 pm
I think it's sad. I liked Enterprise.  

Chel_Magna_is_Gone_Bye

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
I liked Enterprise as well. Much better than Voyager anyway, I actually liked most of the characters on Enterprise (I wanted to shove Janeway, Chakotay and Neelix out an airlock).  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:24 pm
Theres not alot in Star Trek I don't like. I personally would like to tie Neelix and Tuvak together in a room. Remove the air, wait till they pass out then turn the air back on. I'd do that for a few hours. Again and Again... Then I would teleport them directly into space.  

Chel_Magna_is_Gone_Bye

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31 pm
Chel_Magna_Esquire
Theres not alot in Star Trek I don't like. I personally would like to tie Neelix and Tuvak together in a room. Remove the air, wait till they pass out then turn the air back on. I'd do that for a few hours. Again and Again... Then I would teleport them directly into space.

I'd do that. Only replace Tuvok with Chakotay and Janeway.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Lunarflowermaiden
Chel_Magna_Esquire
Theres not alot in Star Trek I don't like. I personally would like to tie Neelix and Tuvok together in a room. Remove the air, wait till they pass out then turn the air back on. I'd do that for a few hours. Again and Again... Then I would teleport them directly into space.

I'd do that. Only replace Tuvok with Chakotay and Janeway.

I'd do that as well except I find Chakotay pleasent and Janeway slightly atractive.  

Chel_Magna_is_Gone_Bye

[GS] Parallel Neptune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:42 am
accually if enterprise had good writers yes it would have been better but they did have allies it ws only the vulcans though during that time and even then they were not very helpful. T'Pol prety much acted like she did from being with human's so long and not being use to her own emotion' Spock and Tuvok were use to having to feel emotions so they were able to undrstnad what was going on better T'Pol going against everything a vulcan stood for wasn't on purpose she was confused and she didn't know how to deal with it.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff