Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I know this has been asked a lot but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Golds?
  Chyea!
View Results

Clydesdale Anarchy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 am
About how much cardio should you do a day? Or, at least, what's the minimum? I get SOOO bored with exercising...which is why I'm still fat. ;~; When I was doing 40 mins a day, I saw some results, but when I even thought about doing some the next day, I was pretty much like 'Eff that'. I've been doing 20 mins for the past couple days (starting over AGAIN) and I'm not feeling any changes. :/ But, like I said, it's only been like two days.

Hm...I'm pretty sure my biggest problem is impatience, then boredom comes second. Anyone feel like sharing any tips? Whether it be exercise, motivation, food...tolerating and drinking more water ( gonk )...whatever?
[As far as food is concerned, I'm not eating like a should because I sleep through the morning, take a two hour bus ride to work, and then work until like 9/10-ish. :/ So I've kinda turned into a grazer. ALSO; I've cut down on my meat intake...so yeah.../ramble]
I'm not sure what else to say. Feel free to ask questions. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:45 pm
Most things I read recommend about 30 min of exercise per day. If you get bored, try to do a bunch of different sorts of things for your cardio.

What about getting off the bus early and walking part of the way to work?

Yeah, grazing, bad if you're eating the wrong things. Keeping track of your calories may be a good idea. You don't want to be taking in too much.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Roslin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:08 pm
The suggested minimum I think is 30 minutes of cardio. I get kind of bored doing my cardio too. Here are a few things that keep me on the treadmill a little longer:

*A frequently updated playlist
*If facing the telelvision watching an interactive show, like Cash Cab
*Going with a friend
*A change of scenery

The fresh music makes the time go by faster. Oh and last week it was really fun because my friend Courtney and I went to the gym together because our boot camp class got canceled for that day so we decided to go and do our own version of it. We were doing the ellipticals and watching Cash Cab and yelling answers at the television. Also, I generally don't run outside but when I ran my 5k the 40 minutes went by soooo much faster.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 am
I do work out videos. I'm so jealous of people that jog/have treadmills/have work out buddies. crying I don't want to jog around my neighborhood cause it's the SUXORZ. And getting to the only place I don't mind jogging/walking is exercise in it's self. Plus, I don't have that much time in my day.
Workout videos it is then. emo I should be doing one now actually
sweatdrop  

Clydesdale Anarchy

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:51 am
I was looking this up for my cardio routine.

AT LEAST 30 minutes, 30-60 is preferred.
And they don't recommend you split it up, because after 15 minutes your heart gets going well and you need to keep up that work, it needs endurance not 3x 10-minute walks.

That's what I've read from almost everywhere, but then again 3x 10-minute walks are better than nothing, but a solid 30 minutes or more is what everyone recommends.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games