Okay, this is frustrating.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystalbow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm
So...I have characters in my book. Modern times, you know? I somehow ended up with a good half of them having medieval names. I want to somehow simplify or adjust these names so they're modern ones, like how I changed Ty-Ohni to Ty. I want to keep them as close as possible to the original. Here's the list of names I need help with:

Ludwig
Salla-Naro

Okay, so it was just two names. Oh well. Still, could anyone offer advice for adjusting these names? (NOTE: I don't want Salla-Naro to turn into Sally. It sounds more like 1900's name, and this book takes place a few years into the future.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 pm
Luthor and Sarah?

Luthero and Saravi?

Lukas and Savanna?

London and Saharra?

Anything remotely helpful? You can mix and match... (I think Saravi is the name of Simba's mother in "The Lion King," but it sounds nice anyway--IMO!)  

SaraDiva728

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 pm
Try taking any quick name generator and narrow down the search to male names starting with L, or female names starting with S. That way, you can go through and find something that you feel fits the character best.

And even then, my advice would be to not restrict yourself to similar names. It can't be forgotten that characters don't name themselves - they are named by their parents at birth, before anything is ever known about them. Ludwig could become Dominic or William, and still be the same character.

Seventh Sanctum Quick Name Generator. It's based off United States census data, containing male and female character names. Ludwig is somewhere on the list, but every generation will bring up different combinations of different names. Have a bit of fun with this to see what sparks your interest.

Best of luck.  
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff