Twilight?
  Yes
  No
  What the stars? I see them every night
View Results

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:09 pm
I liked Twilight until it became popular. I read it a few years before everyone found out about it, told my friends about it, and regretted my decision to tell them. They are now completely obsessed with it, so much to the point that I nearly hate it now. Breaking Dawn was the worst of the series, and after reading everyone's critique...I completely agree with them that the series is not well written at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:32 pm
-standing ovation for Ghoul-
Well said. That post and those links really let me see Twilight from a different perspective and I say you're right. There are many things in the series that don't make it "the greatest".
Though I only still like the series for the romance. What can I say? I love romance.
-shrug-

V for Virtuoso

Quotable Flatterer

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

RedEntrapy

Hilarious Gaian

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 pm
I've read the whole series through twice. My favorite one is the 4th one Breaking Dawn. I thought she did a wonderful job ending it. I also like the Host by Stephenie Meyer as well. I have seen the Twilight movie a couple times too. I didn't think it was that great but meh....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:36 pm
I read 3 and 3/4 of them. Breaking Dawn got so bad that I just stopped -- something I very rarely do. They're poorly written and filled with craptastic characters.

My real problem, though, was that I read the first book and then moved right on to read Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat. Good lord. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum 3nodding It goes without saying, my eyes were opened to the poor writing and characters of Meyer.

Really, I can't say it better than The Ghoul In Pajamas did, so I'll just stop here ^^

By the way, The Ghoul In Pajamas, your words left me in tears of happiness. They were so eloquently written in their simple truth. You have made it to my list of favorite people :'D

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

chellybear10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:14 pm
I just read the first 2 books but I'm not that excited to read the third one. Yeah when I was actually reading I couldn't stop but now looking back on it, not one of my favorites.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff