Reply Writing Discussion
Question for Sci-fi writers...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:04 am
I'm trying to write my first science fiction story, but I have two alien characters that need names and I'm not sure what to do for them. One I've called Ihan and he's a Higasan. The other one is Zenier-Roe (and he has a personal reason for the "Roe" part), though I don't have a name for his race yet. But I don't know if these will work. They just don't sound alien enough to me, especially Zenier's... Am I on the right track here? Am I just obsessing over nothing? And what are tips for coming up with names in the future?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm
Of course your on the right track. A long as your imagination permits it, its right. Your world is what you make it, and whatever you think is best, is best. Its fiction, so the only limitations are those you put on your story. As for coming up with names, let your imagination run wild, try writing in the dark right before you go to bed. That's what works best for me!!  

EstoPerpetua

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 pm
Thanks, I will take your advice. I've never tried writing anything sci fi before (though I was VERY tempted to write some fanfic once when a fave character of mine was killed off of a show, however I didn't). I have my story panned out in my mind, and I'm busy writing it. I was just hung up on that. But now I can move on! blaugh  
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games