Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
The difference of the pictures when I'm bad at drawing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopsy Hops

Man-Hungry Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:28 am
This is the evolutions of my pics. These picture are from Avatar Battle Royale

Generation 1(Actually it is the 2nd picture

User Image

I made this picture the first generation thought it is my second picture. It seem like I forgot to make chins. And it result out in a disaster.

Generation 2

User Image

The first picture I drew in ABR

Generation 3

User Image

Drawn with tablet.

If you ask who's in the picture. The girl is II_KawaiixPanda_II. And the ghost is me. And the tie guy is x-Yagami-x... My mule.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Hello there!

I do see a difference in the three pictures =)

Compared to the other two pictures, the 'Generation 3' picture is easier on the eye - because of the greater use of curves rather than straight lines.

Practice is all you need. =) Perhaps try with some anatomy studies. Study your favorite manga/comic, real life pictures, your (unsuspecting) friend/brother/sister.

In general, it's better to draw humans with curves rather than straight lines and sharp angles - a curve looks better for the face shape than two straight lines. Same with arms and hands.

Hair's a tricky topic - anime hair tend to come in clumps, and has a starting point: usually from the center of the head, or from a side parting, etc. The direction of the bangs should indicate where it originates from - and again, curves makes the hair look 'livelier'.

Links out:
Drawing Anime Hair Bangs
Hair Drawing Tutorial

Clothing - ah, that's another step further. Look at things around you, they're as good a resource as anything. Ties start with a 'knot' at the top, (where the tie is tied), then flows down. Collars are turned out from the neck, and hangs over the rest of the shirt

Bottomline, practice, practice practice.

Good luck!  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas