View Results

Puddila

Chatty Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm
I believe lycanthroby dose exists . Lycan means wolfs, wolves, or werewolves. Lycanthroby is a disease or a curse mainly a curse . It happens when a wolf or werewolf bites a human, then the human has the ability and or whenever the moon is full becomes a werewolf,Or an actual wolf other than the fact that you can turn into an animal when in human forms you act more like a wolf such as having your emotion run more amok than they already were such as you get angry easily and let your emotion take over meaning the same thing.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 pm
I believe in lycanthropy too. Lycanthropes probably stay hidden though.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Happedol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 pm
...Don't you think that something obvious as that would be discovered by now? Okay, unknown animals in hidden parts of the world, that I can agree with. But if it was true we would have a bunch of wolves/werewolves running around every time it's full moon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:15 am
Maybe the whole "Full moon" part is just a myth.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Puddila

Chatty Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:28 pm
There are cases of it, I need to do more research than what I already have. Time to explore the web again. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:46 pm
I think it's a myth, if it was real well there should be more of it and it would be scientifically proven, the cases of this could just be deformities or whatever.  

The Sweet Sadist

Puddila

Chatty Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm
Not if it's more intelligent and better observer than your average human and not just some stupid beast.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:51 pm
The whole wolf bite scenario I don't believe. I am really into science, phenomena, etc so I read up on things like this. I saw a documentary on either the History channel or the Discovery channel one that had video footage of a man that would transform when exposed to the moon. There are also conditions where people believe that they are werewolves and they go through 'transformations' psychologically which effects their physical body. These people gain superior strength (most likely a release of endorphins), their fingernail grow, hair grows excessively, etc. There was this one kid who would 'transform' every night and dig at the door in the psyche ward until morning. The next day his whole body would be sore and his fingertips would be raw and bloody.

There are also self professed vampires who drink animal blood and sometimes even go to the extent of buying blood from blood banks to drink. This is also a psychological disorder where they actually believe they need the blood to live and only eat 'human food' so that they are not discovered. I think this may also be an insatiable craving for iron but this statement is not fact, just my opinion.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:32 pm
User Image

I think you have been watching a bit too much of Wolfs Rain and Twilight.
If they existed science would have figured it out by now.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 pm
I think the "cases" you're thinking about are hypertrichosis, not lycantropy.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis]Wikipedia[/url]
Hypertrichosis describes hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal; extensive cases of hypertrichosis have informally been called werewolf syndrome. There are two distinct types of hypertrichosis: generalized hypertrichosis, which occurs over the entire body, and localized hypertrichosis, which is restricted to a certain area. Hypertrichosis is either congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life. The excess growth of hair occurs in areas of the skin with the exception of androgen-dependent hair of the pubic area, face, and axillary regions.

Also; scientists generally know more than the "average human" because of all the research they have to do. Doesn't mean they're necessarily smarter, but if lycanthropy did exist, I think it'd have been at least discovered by now.

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 pm
iNicoler

Hypertrichosis describes hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal; extensive cases of hypertrichosis have informally been called werewolf syndrome. There are two distinct types of hypertrichosis: generalized hypertrichosis, which occurs over the entire body, and localized hypertrichosis, which is restricted to a certain area. Hypertrichosis is either congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life. The excess growth of hair occurs in areas of the skin with the exception of androgen-dependent hair of the pubic area, face, and axillary regions.

Nope. The hair growth I am talking about happens instantly when the other 'changes' happen, not at birth or a certain point in their life. Like the psychological effects take over and they actually exhibit symptoms of the condition.

iNicoler
Also; scientists generally know more than the "average human" because of all the research they have to do. Doesn't mean they're necessarily smarter, but if lycanthropy did exist, I think it'd have been at least discovered by now.

The thing I am talking about was a scientific study/documentary. There were psychologists and scientists on the show. Though I do agree that if there were 'werewolves' running around in the wild I am sure they would have been discovered by now or at least have 'sighting' of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
iNicoler

Nope. The hair growth I am talking about happens instantly when the other 'changes' happen, not at birth or a certain point in their life. Like the psychological effects take over and they actually exhibit symptoms of the condition.

iNicoler

The thing I am talking about was a scientific study/documentary. There were psychologists and scientists on the show. Though I do agree that if there were 'werewolves' running around in the wild I am sure they would have been discovered by now or at least have 'sighting' of them.

My post was aimed at the OP xD

Anyways, I must have skipped over your post because I was sort of sleepily scrolling through to the "reply" button. Sorry sweatdrop
But that's very interesting. I've never heard of that, mostly because the only shows I watch on the History channel are shows about Monarchies, and the Discovery network kinds freaks me out (especially the health channel).
I'll definitely have to try to catch that and read up on it.
It must be rare though. Do they know what caused those "transformations?"

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Lycanthroby all the way

15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions