Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Surgery and Being Healthy? Help ASAP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am
I'm getting my impacted wisdom teeth, twelve year molars, and eight of cavities worked on, plus a new crown on on of my molars in the summer. I'm getting it all done at once, saves money and I don't want to go back and fourth.

It's not that i don't take care of my teeth, it's just that when my first set of molars came in the didn't have enough enamel. They have given me trouble ever since. my mouth is also very very small. This is why I have eight impacted teeth.

Anyway after the surgery I wont be able to eat, I will probably cant eat for like two weeks maybe three at the most. I'm anemic and lactose intolerant also, What can I do to stay healthy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:03 pm
You will be able to eat something certainly? Perhaps through a straw? If you can eat nothing they should be putting you in the hospital for food via IV.

If you can eat through a straw, smoothies. If you're Anemic, floradix makes an excellent liquid iron supplement, and aside from that, smoothies with peanut butter or hemp hearts and ground flax seeds for protein and omegas, done with soy milk should be a sucky way to last three weeks but it will keep you alive, and depending on what you do with smoothies they can be as unboring as you're willing to make them. (I've got a recipe for one that calls for onions of all things.)

Broth is another good one that can be done through a straw. Cook up vegetables and whatever in water, add spices and drink the broth, or throw the whole thing in a blender and have soup puree (again through a straw)...  

Tandahda
Crew

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:42 pm
By not eating I meant like not be able to chew anything.

@ -Seraphsody
Yeah that sounds good, lots of smoothies, and maybe I can make a "milk shake" out of my soy milk.
And mashed taters even though they are loaded with starch.
What is the recipe for you onion smoothie, I'm curious...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:54 pm
Its an antiOxidant smoothie including
Carrot juice
1/4-1/2 onion
some garlic
and celery stalks.

For serious.  

Tandahda
Crew

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:18 pm
That sounds pretty good.
=D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:52 am
DO NOT USE A STRAW! It will rip out the scabs and possibly pull out the clot leaving a dry socket which is very painful. They will inform you of this when you go in for surgery of course.

I had my wisdom teeth removed last summer while I was losing weight. I couldn't eat right for about a week, but you have more going on so it might be a while. To be honest, you're probably not going to want to bother eating much anyway, so I wouldn't worry about calorie counting or anything. My main staples were egg drop soup and apple sauce. I remember I ate quite a few Wendy's frosty things which probably wasn't the best choice but it was really the only way I was getting calories in. I didn't gain any weight from the experience. I can maybe dig out my old journal (using a new one by now) and see my weigh in for that week.

Roslin

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 am
Eeehhghhhghghhh.... I'm sorry I ever suggested the straw.

Ask your dentist how you should eat perhaps?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 am
Seraphsody

Ask your dentist how you should eat perhaps?

This. xD He can tell you what you should and should not do, what you can and can't eat.

When I got my wisdom teeth out, they told me to avoid certain foods and colors. Still unsure why but they may know more than I did. xD

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Yeah my mother gave me the no straw lecture.
To be honest I cant wait to get these teeth out, they cause me so many headaches, that and I think that I will drink those whey protean shake things, and lots of tea.
I heard that you cant drink coffee, that will drive me nuts.
I hope that with drinking healthy stuff maybe I will loose some weight. XD

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games