Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Random Head Doodle. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopsy Hops

Man-Hungry Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:19 am
User Image

This is a random doodle I made using Adobe Flash CS3. What do you think I should improve?

( I know about the eyes position problem. It look like he's trying to kill someone with a look )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:37 pm
Oh good ole flash how I love thee. How long have you been using flash? It has a lot of great tools to help smooth out your drawings. It looks like you still have some exploring to do with the program. (Heck I have little room to talk, I'm still exploring all of the tools myself.)

The shape of the head is great, the character doesn't look flat headed or anything which is great news. However I am noticing a lack of eyebrows. Eyebrows are excellent for creating expressions, which it looks like this character is rather unimpressed. A pair of eyebrows could express this emotion even better than you have here already.

Over all I'd say you have a great start. Practice makes perfect! And keep those drawings coming. Experiment too!!! There's a kajillion tools in Adobe Flash so you might as well use them! Also, youtube is an excellent learning tool. They have tutorials on drawing with your mouse, drawing with a tablet, drawing with only the circle tool! It's great. I'd definitely see what you can find via youtube.  

Chinchillin Villain

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff