Idiotic Flirting Friends. Please help, 2 problems inside

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 pm
First problem...

How to start... Well, school got came from spring break on Monday... the fifth, I think.

The last day of school before then, the musical I was in had its last showing, and afterwards we had a cast party.

At one point, I started dancing--badly, teehee--with a senior my friend said she liked, once. Thing is, she also ADORES a boy in our grade. (Who just so happens to sit next to me every day in lunch. Take that, b***h.)

We didn't touch, in fact there was probably three feet (exaggerating) between us... I didn't even really DANCE with him until after she left. (She left, like, two hours early) And at one point there was a huge group dancing together for, like, thirty songs straight and I just so happened to be across from him. It was a pretty tight clump and I was maybe a foot away from him, but I still didn't touch him.
Plus, I taught him my moves. (that's what she said.) AKA, dance moves you do when you can't dance well.

anyway, when we came back from break, me, her (we'll call her Althea) and Angela (fake name) were talking about the party. Well, at first it was just me and Angela. She was "picking on me" about dancing with him (Let's call him NESSIE. Lol.). She said it was cute, but then I told her afterwords I felt really bad. She kinda nodded, but she said I shouldn't worry.
Then, when we talked with Althea, she said at one point she wanted to kill me (Althea is creepy like that). She didn't need to tell me what she meant. I knew very well. I apologized, I told her I didn't really realize it because she said she liked him once in a tiny squeaky wimp voice (okay, I didn't say THAT, but... yeah) and never talked about him after it.

But then I noticed something... before I tell you, I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON NESSIE. she was blatantly flirting with a boy (Let's call him Daffy... wtf) she KNOWS I like. She wrapped her arm around him before we took a class picture. Before we left school today I saw her touching his face and stuff. There was more, too.

I told Angela, and she said she noticed it too. Althea always picked on Daffy, but it was happening more after... the PARTY.

Both of us noticed she was doing it even more after a few days. I was pissed and sad.

But then Angela made a betrayal tree. She said "betrayal" was a bit stretched, but it worked.

Ingrid betrayed Angela.
I betrayed Althea.
Althea betrayed me.
Ingrid was never betrayed.
And I kind of betrayed Angela, but she took it back because when she really thought about it and asked me, we decided it was nothing. Which it was.

I want to talk to Althea but she is a FREAK (I know that's mean, but you haven't met her. FYI, she's made me cry twice before this). And now, with what I've seen her do I don't really wanna talk to her at all. I just hate how this is making me act. I've called her a b***h--not to her face. I've gotten a bit snappy--not to her. I've sort of bragged about things to Angela, too. Like, Nessie started a chat with me on GMail. And he wished me happy birthday. It was with a group of people, but it was still nice. (See, my senior cousin is vair vair popular, and told people about my birthday. Plus, his is two days before mine.) And I ran into him--and a group--at the movie theatre today. (I just got out of Clash of the Titans, and they were going to Date Night.)

What sucks a lot is that my birthday is tomorrow, and we celebrated it in class today. And she was flirting with Daffy (why did I choose that name?) during it.

But then, as Angela and I were talking about Deeer-ah-maaaa when we were supposed to be reading Cupid and Psyche I realized I might actually like Nessie, which seems really hostile, what with what's happened lately...

I don't know what to do. I know I'm not innocent, but she sure as hell isn't either.
I danced with Nessie for a little while, and like I said we never touched or anything, and she's been flirting with Daffy for days.

Next problem...

This involves aforementioned Ingrid and Angela. and me, because Angela turns to me.

So, Angela has started really liking a boy that we've codenamed Morrigan. She really likes him.

Right after Angela told Ingrid she likes Morrigan, Ingrid started blatantly flirting with him. Angela's seen it, I've seen it.

Angela has asked me for advice twice now. The first time, I told her to talk to Ingrid. Angela said Ingrid apologized but didn't say she'd stop. And she didn't stop.

The second time, we were chatting on facebook. I gave her a little example of what I'd say to Ingrid. she asked me if she could send it to her. I told her she could, so she did. But then she decided facebook message wasn't the best way to do it.

another time Angela tried to talk with Ingrid was earlier today. Ingrid said she was talking to Morrigan (in person and through facebook--she replies to, like, everything he posts anywhere. we're all a little FB obsessed, and no I will not friend you) to give Angela attention. We both know that's bullshit.

Angela doesn't know what to do, and I'm fresh out of ideas.
We've thought about both of us talking to her, together, but we don't want her to think we're ganging up on her, or that I'm butting in on their business. Which I'm not, because Angela came to me. I didn't ask her about it.

Does anyone have any advice I could give her? I know I don't have many details, but that's because it's not happening directly to me.

Please and thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am
1. Ask Althea: Why are you flirting with Daffy? I thought you liked Nessie. Does this mean you like Daffy instead? So you don't mind what Nessie and I do?

See what kind of reaction you get. If she's only flirting with Daffy to get revenge on you (which would be messed up) then its going to backfire on her. All in all get her to choose which boy she really likes (I bet she says Nessie) and make it clear that if she starts flirting with anyone else you will take it as a sign that she no longer likes that boy, and you will act accordingly. Then focus on whichever boy Althea did not choose. If she chooses Nessie then I think you should lay off Nessie because your friend seems pretty attached to him.

Either that or stop being friends with Althea, if thats what you really want. I don't recommend that, but its your call.

2. Advise Angela to confront Ingrid: Whats the deal here? You never showed an interest in Morrigan until Angela told you she liked him. You're obviously just trying to hurt Angela. Why? I thought we were friends here, why are you trying to hurt her? No, I don't want you to apologize. You already did that but you didn't leave Morrigan alone. Now I want you to tell me what the deal is.

Now admittedly this isn't your business, but if Ingrid won't stop then you should make it your business. Even if Ingrid doesn't want you to be involved, Angela does. Friends are supposed to stick up for each other, and that is what you should do if Ingrid doesn't stop.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff