Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Suggestions and Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LelithVX

150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm
http://koreachan.deviantart.com/
That would be my deviant art link, I'd greatly appreciate it
if some of you would take the time to go over it and tell me what
you think of it... I'd actually like to suggest some help from
some of the older more experienced artists here.
I need some help with hands... like super badly.. I don't really ever get them right, and if I do it's very rare. Also how to do noses.. I "NEVER" add them... Everytime I do, it sticks out and looks strange or out of place. Please tell me your advice and critic.
Please and Thanks,
Mu-Yeon heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 pm
Hey there,

Just a quick tip-- We'll be able to help better and give you more in-depth critique if you post a specific picture rather than your entire gallery. smile

Is there a specific piece you think is particularly representative of your abilities or that you'd like to improve? If so, why don't you share it with us?  

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100

LelithVX

150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 pm
syrella
Hey there,

Just a quick tip-- We'll be able to help better and give you more in-depth critique if you post a specific picture rather than your entire gallery. smile

Is there a specific piece you think is particularly representative of your abilities or that you'd like to improve? If so, why don't you share it with us?

Mm... Alright that makes sense.
http://koreachan.deviantart.com/art/Mu-Yeon-Angel-Form-160078254
This is some LineArt that I thought turned out really well..
This is the best LineArt I think myself.
Notice how the nose is... absent?
And How the hands are abit screwed up?
I think this would best show it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 am
If you're not opposed to spending some money, then I think Drawing Dynamic Hands would be a good investment. I can't offer anything about the nose because it's a very cartoonish style. But... it looks fine without one? smile

The lines could be a bit smoother, but for that to happen you'd need to be confident with the pen. That should come with time. Also, I think that the right leg (our right, her left) would look better anatomically if you did one of two things:

A. Lengthened the thigh so that the knee is slightly higher, maybe two folds up the scarf (up to the middle line there). But then you'd have to shorten the calf.

B. Kept it at the current height assuming it's leaning slightly towards us (I think that this is what you're going for anyway =3). In this case, I think that the perspective could be communicated better. I'm not quite sure how -- sorry, I'm no wizz with perspective -- but defining the calf muscles and knee would help. The knee on the other leg could also be defined. Reference: your leg. =) Redline to indicate what I'm trying to say for B (though it doesn't really suit your art style <_<).

It's an ambitous pose and good level of detail, so kudos to you!  

Sunsway

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff