Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
The Heroes of Gaia Remake(U/C but accepting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about the RP?
  Great, where do I sign up?
  Is missing something. (Do tell)
  Not my style.
View Results

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 pm
Plot
Old Thread

Gaia, such an amazing world we Gaians live in. So wonderful to live in a world were we can express ourselves and meet others that are like us. This world seems so peaceful with the cities that Gaians have made their home in. From the sandy white beaches of Gambino, to the old cobble stone streets of Durem, with the homely feel of Barton, and the mechanical look of Aekea; this is what the Gaians call these major cities ‘Home’. Every day more and more people join the population of Gaia while others soon leave Gaia to go to a far off place they call a ‘Real World’. Ah, what a wonderful world we live in. There are times when these cities get together to have a little fun, such as a little summer water balloon fights or out trick-or-treating. They could even be walking around and singing Christmas carols.

Yet, the world of Gaia is not what we thought to be a perfect world. Oh no, it is not what a world you expect for it to be. You see, crime rates in all of these cities have been going up and down every single day. With all of these evil Gaians spamming, scamming, and hacking all of the other innocent Gaians every single day at anytime, there can never be a day full of peace. Along with those crimes, the Thread Spirits have been dying and turning at a faster rate. “What are Thread Spirits?” those who are new to Gaia may ask. Well, picture a glowing orb about the size of a basketball that floats around almost throughout all parts of the cities. These are the Thread Spirits. Each one of these spirits has a specific color that show what forum they go under, such as Roleplaying, Chatterbox, Gaia exchange, and so on. Gaians may walk up to these spirits and talk to them, learn about new information, or even add more information to them. Each spirit carries information for a single thread. With the vast amounts of threads flowing through Gaia every day, you think that the Thread-Spirit population will overflow all the cities. Well, you are wrong my fellow Gaian. You see, with a creation of a new Thread Spirit, about three other Thread Spirits die, get abandon, or even spammed. When this happen to these spirits, they often go to the afterlife for Thread Spirits where they share with each other the information they had gather since they were created. Though, this doesn’t happen to every single Thread Spirit that dies. There are times when these humble spirits turn into monsters that are out for revenge on the Gaians for doing this to them. This doesn’t happen that often for them to turn out like this but, now the chances for them turning like this are increasing as more and more turn into monsters. Instead of being called ‘Thread Spirits’ they are now called ‘Nothings’.

Yet, how is it possible that these monsters have yet to kill all of us Gaians. Well, that is simple. During the midst of the night or anytime of the day, the heroes of Gaia are out to stop and send these monsters to their proper place, the afterlife for Thread Spirits. Though, when you have heroes, you also get villains that are out to create mass destruction in the cities, try to take over Gaia, and control all of us Gaians. These villains have also been recruiting the Nothings to work for them and help create more havoc. So, what will happen to the peaceful world that you thought was so wonderful with all of this? Well, you’ll just have to stay and watch or maybe you might become part of it.

~Still, special thanks to Tilly for shaping my idea it something great.

Settings
Note: It is not require for you to read all, or even any, of the settings, I have just done this so that you are familiar with where everything in Gaia is located. In case you do decide to read the setting, I will occasionally be updating just to actually add descriptions to the places I was to lazy to to do so to before.

Within any city in Gaia the fabled Thread Spirits can be found floating about for people to use at any time. Just simple stop one and see whats going on. (Thread Spirits work just like threads here on Gaia so anybody can read their content or input new content.)

Within every major city there is located a train station for quick and easy travel; with the exception of Gambino...it is an island after all.

Barton Town

Art Arena:
This is a giant roman arena type structure that seats over 600,000 Gaians. All sorts of things are displayed here to be rated and the highest rating gets various prizes. Modeling contests, contests and featured homes are all part of this arena. The Art Arena attracts many.

Shopping:
Barton Boutique, a small business owned by a man and his talking cat, and the Jewelry Store, for all you Gaians who like to show just how much money they have in their pockets...or where ever you keep your money. Send a nice bouquet to a loved one through the magic of Barton Flowershoppe; run by Rina.

Guild Hall:
This is a massive hall where any Gaian, for a nice bit of gold, can construct and register a guild; where your actual guild is set up is another situation entirely.

Towns/Barton South:
For those who wish to be free of the hustle and buste of the big cities, just south of Barton Town is a nice suburban community you can call home. Towns is surrounded by a massive wall to protect inhabitants from the dangers that could be the outside world; guards are posted at exits.

Barton Cliffs:
A ways North-West of Barton. Home to a huge crater just on the shore.

Barton Trench:
West of Barton South/Towns

Barton West Field:
Where else but west of Barton Town?

Barton Coast:
This is the beach where you can lay out your towel and soak up some rays or play a few games of beach volleyball or other such recreational activities with friends. North of The Great Wall of Gambino.

Barton East:
East of Barton

Bass'ken Lake:
A fishing hole North of Barton Town

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Durem

Shopping:
Skin Tyte; Lay back and expose your skin, let me poke a few holes in you and make your body a work of art. A few pieces of metal here and there never hurt anyone.
Durem happens to be the home of the greatest hair stylist in all of Gaia. Salon Durem is very popular for its fantastic but sometimes wacky hair styles.
Durem Depot and H.R. Wesley; home to the clothes that represent the unique style of Gaians that hang out in Durem

Durem Graveyard:
Just west of Durem. This is where the dead Gaians are burried...I guess.

Durem Reclamation Facility:
This is a fishing hole available for anyone to use. East of Durem.

Durem Reclamation Hub:
Just north of Durem Reclamation Facility

Durem Caves:
A network of winding tunnels and caverns, these caves are surprisingly popular as many Gaians travel here for treasure hunting or to use the caves as a place to house clubs. North of Durem Reclamation Hub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aekea

Sam's Body & Parts:
Always dreamed about hot girls and tricked out cars? Well Aekea his home to the place where you can trick out your car, you'll have to go find the hot girls yourself however. Sam sells a huge selection of items to trick out you car or your high class UFO. I think she needs to reconsider the name of her shop...

Housing Commission & The Faktori:
These two places help each other out. Commission sells you the house and the robots at The Faktori sell you the furniture and other things to fix up your home for the next big block party.

The Jock Strap:
Gaians of Aekea find their wacky, tacky wear here. Ran by a cool guy named Liam, he's all about the ladies and probably gives discounts just for being hot.

Aekea West:
Nothing here but a bridge in place to get you from point A to point B involving crossing a river. West of Aekea

Isle De Gambino

Marketplace:
The center of Gambino itself, a huge market place where any Gaian with a legal pass to sell and purchase items can put a price on their unwanted items and watch the money roll in or browse others selection and try to get the best deal.

Gold Mountain:
The home of gambling and high stakes, as long as you got a few coins in your pocket you can buy a few tokens to play a few games. Slots are for the Gaians who believe they have all the luck in the world, just pull the lever and wish for the best. Cards is a little less on the side of complete luck; the famous game of 21, use your wits and play your cards right. Once you have earned a good amount of winning you can turn them into tickets to trade for many fabulous prizes.

Bank of Gambino:
Where all Gaians keep their loads of gold and where trades are held between Gaians. Sometimes they are donations to guild or less wealthy Gaians or trade a few items for one great one.

Shopping:
The beach life of Gaian's living in Gambino calls for cool beach clothes and lightweight threads so that you dont get a heat stroke. Visit Gambino Outfitters for the things mention...well not heat strokes of course.
Gambino is home to the hottest place to get some of the coolest hats. Whether your looking for a stylish hat to impress your friends or an ugly mask to scare people at the costume party, visit Ruby's Rack. >.> She needs to rethink her shops name as well.

Port De Gambino:
Yet another fishing hole. Don't worry, this is the last one. Watch out, however, many transport boats and cargo ships move to and from here. South of Gambino.

G-Corp:
All kinds of crazy things come out of G-Corp. Many believe that the new crazed evolving items were developed here. Anything seem strange in Gaia? Blame it on G-Corps crazy experiments. East of Bass'ken Lake.

The Great Wall of Gambino:
West of Bass'ken Lake.

Von Helsing Manor:
Home to the Von Helsing sisters and supposedly Count Dracula himself. Dont get to close or you may never get away.

[X]Plot/Settings
[+]Rules
[+]Super Power Reference
[+]Character Skeletons
[+]Heroes
[+]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am
Rules:

1.) Follow Guild rules and Gaia ToS at all times

2.) I'm pretty live and let live but if I say something do try to see where I'm coming from. Or you can get the hell out :]

3.) Don't God Mode(Power play) You are not Jesus or his kin and you can be defeated

5.) Your character is not omniscient meaning he/she does not know everything at every point and time and therefore cannot react so such things. If I start to feel like you are doing this I will say something about it.

6.) Proper grammar saves lives, though, I'm not so much worried about that as I am using quotations (" ") for speak and not using asterisks (**) for actions. Please use some other variant for thoughts.

7.) Lets refrain from destroying major cities and locations entirely. Don't get me wrong, knock down a building or two, have fun, just don't annihilate all of Durem.

8.) Send profiles to me named "Thread-Man who??" so that I know it is for this RP.

9.) Please, no more than two characters for right now. Twin characters must have either directly opposite powers or identical powers.

10.) If it turns out that there is many more Heroes than Villains (like 4 to 1) then I will allow the Villain to have minions. Either a small army of weaker minions or one or two stronger minions.

Note that I may add rules so look back every once in awhile.

[-]Plot/Settings
[X]Rules
[+]Super Power Reference
[+]Character Skeletons
[+]Heroes
[+]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm
Super Power Reference:

Here I will spend some time regulating powers and clarifying it is and is not acceptable. This so that the ability to be able to Power Play is limited and so people cannot make Kratos(God like) characers.

You may have no more than one major power and two minor powers. If you properly limit a major power down to the level of a minor power that is acceptable. Ex. Shape-shifting and being able to teleport short distances but the location must be in sight. Also, some powers are labeled as Ultra Majors ex. Object-based powers(Iron man, Green Lantern), Super power manipulation, weather control...you should get the idea. If you have any questions about your powers just ask me or I will talk to you when you send in your profile.

I will allow you to have one power that is more or less useless like Thread-Man's ability to change his hair color.

Some of you will probably come up with some pretty creative powers and that means I will ask you a lot about them to see if they are too powerful.

- Flight is a minor ability and if you can reasonably explain how your character can fly then I will let that.....fly.
- Depending on the strength of a healing factor I will let this be a minor ability. As strong as Wolverine's counts as a major power.
- No mind control or mind reading. These are potential God powers. Limited telepathy for speaking to someone else through your mind is okay.
- When it comes to animal morphing, no morphing into mythical creatures like dragons and the like.
- Being athletically fast and/or flexible I won't count as a super power but being able to do things like react fast enough to dodge a bullet would fall under super human reflexes and being able to punch through anything greater than a solid 2x4 without hurting yourself falls under super human strength
- I will make exceptions to some things seeing as having certain powers automatically gives you certain abilities like being super strong naturally gives you more durability or being able to meta morph into a steel form would make you naturally stronger and more durable when in that form.

As people join, I will post up any power regulations they should be aware of concerning their powers.

Concerning Cold and Ice manipulation:
Having this power makes you naturally resistant to anything seen as cold, this includes temperature below freezing; also, you are more resistant to heat but not completely resistant.
You cannon instantly encase another player in ice or instantly ice over a large area; both would take quite some time.

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[X]Super Power Reference
[+]Character Skeletons
[+]Heroes
[+]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm
Character Skeletons

Alter Ego's are completely optional; you can be a hero or villain all day if you would like. Please include how you character came about their powers in your Bio whether it be from genetic manipulation, radiation, or some other things; hell you could just be an alien of some sort. If you have a day job, please include it.

Clearly differentiate between your hero/villain ego and your alter ego in your posts with either different posting formats or colors.

I will allow civilians to have powers if you would like so that you could be more of a neutral meta-human

Heroes

[align=center][u]Heroes[/u]

[b]My name is[/b]
[i](Character name)[/i]
[b]But I am also known as the great[/b]
[i][color=post color](Hero Name.)[/color][/i]
[b]I am a[/b] [i](Age)[/i] [b]year old[/b] [i](Gender)[/i]
[b]My fantastical ability is[/b]
[i](powers)[/i]
[b]I work along side[/b]
[i](partner. optional)[/i]
[b]I can be[/b]
[i](personality)[/i]
[b]When people ask about me I tell them[/b]
[i](Bio)[/i]
[b]When I walk in this song plays[/b]
(Theme song[url please])
[b]You may also want to know[/b]
[i](Other)[/i]
[b]This is what I see in the mirror[/b]
(appearance. Pic or Tektek)
[b]The Great me[/b]
(Hero appearance. Pic or Tektek.)

[b]I am controlled by[/b] [i](gaia name)[/i][/align]

Villians

[align=center][u]Villians[/u]

[b]My name is[/b]
[i](Character name)[/i]
[b]But I am also known as the terrible[/b]
[i][color=post color](Villian Name.)[/color][/i]
[b]My fantastical ability is[/b]
[i](powers)[/i]
[b]I work along side[/b]
[i](partner. optional)[/i]
[b]I can be[/b]
[i](personality)[/i]
[i](Bio)[/i]
[b]When I walk in this song plays[/b]
(Theme song[url please])
[i](Other)[/i]
(appearance. Pic or Tektek)
[b]The Fearsome me[/b]
(Villian appearance. Pic or Tektek)

[b]I am controlled by[/b] [i](gaia name)[/i][/align]

Civilians

[align=center][u]Civilians[/u]

[b]My name is[/b]
[i](Character name)[/i]
[b]My secret ability is[/b]
[i](powers; if any)[/i]
[b]I am an all important[/b]
[i](job)[/i]
[b]I can be[/b]
[i](personality)[/i]
[i](Bio)[/i]
[i](Other)[/i]
(appearance. Can use Tektek if you want.)

[i]I am controlled by[/i] [b](gaia name)[/b][/align]

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[-]Super Power Reference
[X]Character Skeletons
[+]Heroes
[+]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Accepted Heroes:

My name is
Edoardo "Eddy" Romanos
But I am also known as the great
Thread-Man
I am a 19 year old Male
My fantastical ability is
I can control, generate and absorb ice by reducing the kinetic energy of atoms and use it any way I see fit. I can change my whole body into solid ice which is a lot stronger than normal ice. When I am like this my limbs can be shattered but I can reform them; my chest and head must stay intact. I can create all sort of items on demand with my powers and use them to the best of my abilities. My favorite item is a double sided lance and my second favorite and most useful is a ice-board I use to get around more quickly. I can completely change the temperature of a closed in space and freeze over any object though depending on its size it might take me quite some time. I can detect heat with my thermal-vision making it easier to find people in darkness as well as resist heat since I can lower my body temperature. In my Ice form I am more durable as well as a bit stronger and less likely to succumb to fatigue seeing as my body cannot overheat. I've noticed that I have the seemingly useless ability to change my hair color from one color to another at any given moment.
I work along side
N/A
I can be
Quiet, calm, thoughtful and sometimes stubborn. I'm generally cocky of my abilities and a little reckless at times but I'm loyal to my friends and the people I protect. I never back down from a challenge and I'm ready to risk my life for what I believe in. I'm rarely in a bad mood but I'm not openly chippy to everybody I see, I may seem mellow and a bit lazy from time to time. I can be very flirty at times and will sometimes do things out of my own way for a pretty face or just for a female in general. I sit around thinking a lot, things that have happened to me, things that I think will happen to me. I don't like feeling like I'm not in control of any situation I get in. I don't believe in fate and I feel threatened by fortune tellers and people of that nature. Witty comments aren't my bread and butter but I try and I like to say funny things about given situations.
When people ask about me I tell them
I am a half Greek half Italian who moved here after both my mother and father died and a freak accident while sailing out on a boat one day when I was but eight years of age. I lived with my uncle, Nathan Romanos, in Durem living out a pretty normal life..normal until my eighteenth birthday when I happened across a strange glowing crystal at the bottom of Bass'ken Lake. I took the crystal and put it in my pocket for safety as I returned home with my friends. Getting into a friendly epic battle with my friend, he tripped me and caused me to fall on the my side, the side on which my pocket containing the strange crystal was. The crystal shattered, some of the shards broke my skin and then melted into an ice cold liquid and entered my blood stream. My body went cold, way below average body temperature; I was rushed to the doctor by my friends and the doctors reported that I most likely wasn't going to survive because my body temperature had reached -20 F, they were surprised that I was even still alive. Amazingly, after a few days, I was as good as new; my uncle came to see me and I was sitting up in the bed craving for a Toblerone bar. A day after my recovery they let me out of the hospital and I thought that I was going to go back to my normal life but I was seriously wrong. I that I could commonly see my own breath when I was breathing, my breath feeling very cold, and my vision constantly slipped in and out of thermal. The past year I have been training my new found powers to freeze moisture and going to school simultaneously. Going to college at Grunny University to be a journalist I, Eddy as people have started to call me, work at Gaia Action 9 News as an assistant and camera man to Lauren R. Richmond. I took on this job to help me gain some news room experience and learn from a real newscaster. I currently live in an apartment in Barton Town, I just make rent money every month by the skin on my teeth even with my job at Gaia Action 9 News. For a long time I thought for sure that Ms. Richmond would ask for a new assistant since my Thread-Man work had me constantly disappearing without notice but it's almost like she doesn't even noticed that I'm gone half of the time; I just assume she's very busy with things in her personal life.
When I walk in this song plays
Ratatat - Imperials
You may also want to know
I love Chinese food and Toblerone bars. I hate public appearances and generally stay out of the spot light. I can Often be heard listening to techno, dubstep, jungle, and other such instrumentals. To further hide that I am Thread-Man I pretend to know nothing of skateboarding or snowboarding.
This is what I see in the mirror
User Image
The Great me
User Image

I am controlled by Crackbaby73

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[-]Super Power Reference
[-]Character Skeletons
[X]Heroes
[+]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm
Accepted Villains:

My name is
Justin Bell
But I am also known as the feared
Frostfire
I am a 17 year old Male
My fantastical ability is
The ability to control fire and frost isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have limited control of either. I can produce flames up to fifty feet high, five feet wide, and ten feet long. The highest temperature I can reach is 500F. I cannot do much more than that. I have heard of people that can do much more, but their powers are only fire-based. My frost control is worse. If I use all my energy, I can freeze the air around me. But doing that will leave me so exhausted I might not be able to walk afterwards. I cannot make solid objects of ice, like an ice-board, that will last longer than a few minutes. The main reason I use my frost abilities is to increase the power of my Frostbite Blade. I can fly, but when I do my ability to use my fire/frost powers is reduced. No matter what, I have exceptional agility. I cannot dodge bullets, unless I get lucky, but I can mover faster than a normal person. Through training, I have become exceptionally good with my two swords; also, uncontrollably, my body temperature shifts from hot to cold randomly. One last thing: My eyes have been known to alternate between green and gray every few hours.
I work along side
Nobody, as of now.
I can be
Sadistic, anti-social, quiet, filled with hatred, and angry.
When people ask about me I tell them
I was born in Gaia, and have lived here all my life. I have always hated people, finding them annoying and useless. I was born with the ability to fly, and was taught how to use two swords. Because of my flight, I was experimented on and studied, increasing my hatred of people. Unfortunately for those who studied me, their experiments gave me abilities above and beyond what they expected, and I killed them. I have been alone and angry ever since. Whenever and wherever I reveal myself, people die, buildings fall, and general chaos is created. If you stand in my way, I will remove you. Whether peacefully or by force is up to you.
When I walk in this song plays
Iron-Ensiferum
You may also want to know
I hate the Nothings. I find them useless and annoying. When I'm not breaking things, I tend to hunt the Nothings. Every now and then I will ally myself with those fools known as 'Heroes' to remove those pathetic creatures.
This is what I see in the mirror
User Image
The Fearsome me
User Image

I am controlled by The Lord of Pestilence

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[-]Super Power Reference
[-]Character Skeletons
[-]Heroes
[X]Villains
[+]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm
Accepted Civilians:

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[-]Super Power Reference
[-]Character Skeletons
[-]Heroes
[-]Villains
[X]Civilians
[+]Gaia News

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 pm
Gaia News:

April 9, 2010 - RP is now accepting profiles and any helpful ideas to better the story or RP experience.

[-]Plot/Settings
[-]Rules
[-]Super Power Reference
[-]Character Skeletons
[-]Heroes
[-]Villains
[-]Civilians
[X]Gaia News

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100